New front wheel, new look

I got my 18” front wheel built and new tires on.  I built the wheel with parts bought from Buchanan’s and EBay. Assembling the wheel wasn’t hard. Truing it was an exercise in patience. 

I want to say thanks to the members here for posting their experiences. I couldn’t have got my bike the way I wanted without your help!!

Mods:  EJK, full FMF, Racetech front suspension, YSS shock, 320mm front rotor, braided brake hoses, 18” front wheel, Shinko 705 tires

F9ED7492-8E89-426D-AAC8-69C4513EED12.jpeg

C5D50660-0151-4FF7-80C2-C7BBB9ECFAE3.jpeg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, wdanison43103 said:

How do you like the 705s? I got a set for my bike just want to hear some opinions on them. Setup looks great btw

I’m not sure yet. I haven’t had a chance to ride it yet! In typical Midwest fashion it went from 80 degrees to 45 degrees and raining in the span of 3 days

On 10/14/2018 at 2:13 PM, V8Astro said:

I got my 18” front wheel built and new tires on.  I built the wheel with parts bought from Buchanan’s and EBay. Assembling the wheel wasn’t hard. Truing it was an exercise in patience. 

I want to say thanks to the members here for posting their experiences. I couldn’t have got my bike the way I wanted without your help!!

Mods:  EJK, full FMF, Racetech front suspension, YSS shock, 320mm front rotor, braided brake hoses, 18” front wheel, Shinko 705 tires

F9ED7492-8E89-426D-AAC8-69C4513EED12.jpeg

C5D50660-0151-4FF7-80C2-C7BBB9ECFAE3.jpeg

Nice looking bike.

Which YSS shock did you use and where did you get it?

21 minutes ago, V8Astro said:

http://www.yssusa.com/products_yss.html

Call them. I can’t remember the part number. Their website is an indecipherable mess but they had exactly what I needed. 

What kind of adjustment does it have? And if you don't mind me asking what ballpark is the price in?

I want new boingers, but can't seem to spend the dough racetech wants. I'll probably do the full racetech up front but looking for something more economical for the rear.

F9ED7492-8E89-426D-AAC8-69C4513EED12.jpeg.1b592a98ee7e7340413c587909d2eb42.jpeg
C5D50660-0151-4FF7-80C2-C7BBB9ECFAE3.jpeg.cd1aa7299dd2741de2932f87ab89df29.jpeg

Looks great. I want to do the same once I wear off the 21” front tire.
Have a link for the rim and spokes?
Thanks

2 hours ago, RudeJeepin said:

What kind of adjustment does it have? And if you don't mind me asking what ballpark is the price in?

I want new boingers, but can't seem to spend the dough racetech wants. I'll probably do the full racetech up front but looking for something more economical for the rear.

It has rebound adjustment but no compression adjustment. It was $429 shipped to me with the appropriate spring for my weight. It rides 100x better than the stocker 

Edited by V8Astro
  • Helpful 1

19 minutes ago, KLeptoLee said:

Looks great. I want to do the same once I wear off the 21” front tire.
Have a link for the rim and spokes?
Thanks

Call these guys

http://www.buchananspokes.com/contact/contact_us.asp

The spokes are custom length. They asked a bunch of questions about the rim that I couldn’t answer so I just bought an Excel rim from them. You might be able to find one cheaper 

3 hours ago, V8Astro said:

It has rebound adjustment but no compression adjustment. It was $429 shipped to me with the appropriate spring for my weight. It rides 100x better than the stocker 

Thanks for the info, I'll keep that in mind when it's time to finally pull the trigger.

And again, nice looking ride.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SCGallo2 said:

Nice setup!  I am wanting to do the same with my new 2017 250L.  Assuming stock rear wheel, what size (width) rim did you install on the front and what tire sizes did you install front and rear?  Any fitment issues?

Same width as the rear 18 x 2.15 rim. Tires are 120/80-18”. No fitment issues. Everything went together fine