Ttr50 timing

Are the marks lined up? You might want to expand on your question. Like why you think it might be off or what you did that makes you wonder.

Sorry i got the bike for free. Seems like had compression but had zero. Pulled head off to find out i had bent exhaust valve replaced it and put marks on the sigle line not the lines that are connected up but still only seem to get 70 psi Any possible way i can be 180 degree off

1 minute ago, Chitowndbo said:

Sorry i got the bike for free. Seems like had compression but had zero. Pulled head off to find out i had bent exhaust valve replaced it and put marks on the sigle line not the lines that are connected up but still only seem to get 70 psi Any possible way i can be 180 degree off

Nope, not 180 degrees. a tooth perhaps. did you do a leak down test, confirm the valves are sealing and also checked to ensure the rod is not bent?

Nope, not 180 degrees. a tooth perhaps. did you do a leak down test, confirm the valves are sealing and also checked to ensure the rod is not bent?

Negative on both. Can i do leak down with head on or no Do you know the exact lines to line up IMG_4365.JPGIMG_4366.JPG

I do not have a service manual for your bike. A friendly dealer might let you look at their book.

You do a  leak down with the engine assembled. Alternatively, you can remove the head, put solvent in it and see if it seeps past valves. You can pout the engine at TDC, apply compressed air in though the spark plug and list at the ports and at the crankcase breather for sounds of hissing, indicating a leak.

On many bikes, as you rotate the crankshaft in the direction of running rotation, (clockwise, the first set of mark(s) is cam timing, the second, TDC. You need to see a service manual to be positive. Often, the double marks is the cam timing ones. But you need to check a service manual to be positive.

On many bikes, as you rotate the crankshaft in the direction of running rotation, (clockwise, the first set of mark(s) is cam timing, the second, TDC. You need to see a service manual to be positive. Often, the double marks is the cam timing ones. But you need to check a service manual to be positive.

Thank you