FCR MX Billet Vacuum Release Plate

Has anyone tried or know of anyone who is running the billet vacuum plates sold on eBay? https://www.ebay.com/itm/273136400073?ViewItem=&item=273136400073

The seller responds quickly to any questions and has sold several hundred on eBay with 100percent positive feedback.  My slide plate is starting to wear and considering one of these to replace it.  Only difference is the half moon cut pockets are not used in this billet version.  There is no anti-friction coating like the Keihin version but its hard clear anodized and smooth finish made with CNC out of billet 6061 T6 aluminum.

I'll post some pics of my plate and let me know if its showing enough wear to replace...How do I know if the seal is on its way out?  Billet plate and new seal?  Keep plate as is replace seal?  put it all back together and run as is?  Thanks  

20181014_182644.jpg

20181014_182637.jpg

20181014_182836.jpg

20181014_182624.jpg

20181014_182831.jpg

20181014_182723.jpg

20181014_182716.jpg

20181014_182742.jpg

20181014_182735.jpg

20181014_182521.jpg

Edited by Sasha Rudolfski

Your plate is fine. Your slide plate seal is fine. Your carb is low hours and clean.

If you have a 2007 or earlier, you can dramatically upgrade the accelerator pump system with the upgrade parts.

http://tokyomods.com...arburetion.html

http://www.crfsonly....roducts_id/3932

If you have more than 150 hours, you should replace the emulsion tube (needle jet).

3 hours ago, WILLY THE WORT said:

Your plate is fine. Your slide plate seal is fine. Your carb is low hours and clean.

If you have a 2007 or earlier, you can dramatically upgrade the accelerator pump system with the upgrade parts.

http://tokyomods.com...arburetion.html

http://www.crfsonly....roducts_id/3932

If you have more than 150 hours, you should replace the emulsion tube (needle jet).

i have power bowl 2 and upgraded AP spring.  Is the '08+ Honda rod and diaphragm still worth changing?  

What are these little pits from?  Normal or not?  I need to re grease the bearing but How to remove rust there?20181015_094345.jpg

On 10/15/2018 at 9:46 AM, Sasha Rudolfski said:

What are these little pits from?  Normal or not? 20181015_094345.jpg

i put my carb in ultrasonic cleaner without removing throttle shaft.  Could this have used the pitting shown?  The throttle shaft maybe vibrating in that area drilled tiny holes oil the carb?  Are these little pits found on anyone else's FCR?  Is it something I should try to fix?

8 hours ago, Sasha Rudolfski said:

i put my carb in ultrasonic cleaner without removing throttle shaft.  Could this have used the pitting shown?  The throttle shaft maybe vibrating in that area drilled tiny holes oil the carb?  Are these little pits found on anyone else's FCR?  Is it something I should try to fix?

Still have no idea what you are talking about . I see nothing out of the ordinary.

22 minutes ago, WILLY THE WORT said:

Still have no idea what you are talking about . I see nothing out of the ordinary.

It's hard to see in the pics but the areas I pointed to are actually pits in the body of the carb.  Tiny little holes some bigger than others

20181016_200437.jpg

20181016_200402.jpg

45 minutes ago, WILLY THE WORT said:

I don't know what part of the carb that is. Not familiar.

The pits look like casting mistakes to me.

Ok thanks for looking...that is where the throttle shaft sits on side with closed end bearing. Fcr mx39..

It's the throttle barrel bore. I haven't needed to dig that deep into an FCR. Is there any kind of seal for that rod? I have heard of the bore wearing about causing a perceived jetted issue that cannot be solved.

21 hours ago, bikedude987 said:

casting flaws.  ignore them

Thanks for looking, I just wanted to make sure it wasn't ultrasonic cleaner that caused this...

6 hours ago, ohiodrz400sm said:

It's the throttle barrel bore. I haven't needed to dig that deep into an FCR. Is there any kind of seal for that rod? I have heard of the bore wearing about causing a perceived jetted issue that cannot be solved.

There are two washers that act as seals I think.  There is a plastic washer and a metal one...Forgot exactly where they are to be installed but I will check the fiche before I reassemble.  

Ok, in my pics that is the throttle barrel bore on the open end bearing side(not closed end bearing as I posted above).  There is a seal/o ring on the external side of bearing and two washers on the internal side.