Devin_

Do all rims match all hubs?

I just got an 08 Aprilia rxv 550. I want to put street tires and new wheels on it but I can't afford new complete supermoto wheels. 

I'm planning on buying rims and using the same hubs. Will any rim works with the stock hubs?

On 10/14/2018 at 9:59 PM, Devin_ said:

I just got an 08 Aprilia rxv 550. I want to put street tires and new wheels on it but I can't afford new complete supermoto wheels. 

I'm planning on buying rims and using the same hubs. Will any rim works with the stock hubs?

Probably not. Call a wheel shop and ask them for rims that fit. 

My experience has been that with 17s you *can* lace a given rim to a hub but as mentioned, the angles may be off. For example, I laced a Behr 17x3.5 that was once on a Talon hub on the front of my YZ, to the rear Talon hub (from the same set) for use on my XS650. The angles are slightly off - enough to notice if you look. I rode the bike on Buttonwillow for a day and didn't have any problems with the spokes at an odd angle. Doesn't mean it's necessarily ok, I just got away with it. I've got a similar thing going on right now with the rear rim I've mounted on my DR.

On larger rims, it hasn't been much of an issue. I've laced a 19" rear rim onto the front hub of a YZ125 and didn't notice any issues with the spoke angle as it left the nipple. Perhaps the hub diameter is close enough front to rear, or the longer spoke shows less misalignment.

If you're buying rims, I recommend ordering them for the end of the bike you're putting it on.

To answer your question directly, I don't believe they do. If they do, consider it a happy coincidence.