yamaha xt350 1992 restricted ?

Hi people,

I can only get around 65mph on a flat out of my xt350 seems low to me.

I think it must be running some restrictions, does anyone know what they are/how to remove them ?

Are you in the US? If so there weren't any restrictors in those bikes sold here. Sounds like it's time for a tune-up and see why it's not running right. They should do 80 easy.

Hi Nobade, No I'm one of those English bastards😎 Haha

Ive been riding the bike around and thinking for a 350cc it doesn't go very well, The motor seems to be In a very good condition...

I was thinking of having a look for restriction then I took my carb inlet off and I think I have found possibly a major restriction.  

I bet your carb inlet boot doesn't look like this ? Is yours just straight through ?

IMG_0459.JPG

IMG_0460.JPG

Eek! No wonder it won't run right. Can you get the proper parts there?

Daaayum. That's rough. Definitely the source of restriction I would say. Is that standard for the Euro models??

yes I can get the parts I have already ordered them, I don't know if its EU standard, I have no idea why you would restrict a 350

You will probably have a Pee-Shooter exhaust insert in the muffler too. That's how we got these delivered to us in NZ and Aus. Was done to pass decibel restrictions on the 350 and 600 of the day.