2004 cr85r ticking noise

Hey guys, long story short I bought a cr85r a couple days ago (it needs wheel bearings real bad which is no big deal) but the thing still runs and rides. My one concern is the ticking noise I hear especially when the bike is at a warm idle, it seems to be less noticeable when I'm actually riding it however.

I already ruled out a couple things, the bike has good compression so I dont see why it would be the topend. The bike doesnt have powervalves so those cant be lose, and I took the side stator cover off to do a wiggle test on the stator and it had no play in it so the crank bearings should be okay right? I mean the bike runs really good, starts right up and has good compression like I said but I even when I'm sitting on the bike the sound is pretty noticeable.

Could be the reeds fluttering
Could be, would that cause any problems in the way it rides? Because currently the bike runs like normal it's just scaring me I dont want it to be the bearings I dont eant to tear into the bottom of this thing

13 minutes ago, unknownone said:

Could be, would that cause any problems in the way it rides? Because currently the bike runs like normal it's just scaring me I dont want it to be the bearings I dont eant to tear into the bottom of this thing

You got some options, what year is the CR85 if you can post that. If worst case if it was the bottom end better to catch it now than have it come apart and do more damage. 

Being on a forum here you got a lot of help to assist with building it (even if you had to split the cases) don't let that intimidate you. 

It's a 2004, I could post a video of the ticking noise if that would help. Not too intimidated by it I just dont want to put the transmission in the wrong way that's the only thing I'm worried of haha

14 minutes ago, unknownone said:

It's a 2004, I could post a video of the ticking noise if that would help. Not too intimidated by it I just dont want to put the transmission in the wrong way that's the only thing I'm worried of haha

Please put up a video, the Transmission is not bad (plus lot of help on here if you had to do that).

Please put up a video, the Transmission is not bad (plus lot of help on here if you had to do that).
I can post a video tomorrow for you guys it's too dark out to start that little monster now haha