kxlubber

Biggest rear tire

What’s the biggest tire you can fit?

Like a 140/80-18?

Anyone tried a 12t countershaft sprocket?

Depends on what brand of tyre,some brands have different sizing and their 140 is the same as others 120's you don't really want wider than a 120.I used to run 120/90   12t will fit but they do like to chew out the chain sliders pretty quick,better off using a 13 front and change the rear to get the same gearing you intended with the 12 front

Depends on what brand of tyre,some brands have different sizing and their 140 is the same as others 120's you don't really want wider than a 120.I used to run 120/90   12t will fit but they do like to chew out the chain sliders pretty quick,better off using a 13 front and change the rear to get the same gearing you intended with the 12 front

Thanks for your reply! Not a lot of volume in the KLX450R section

Would you know how many teeth to add on the rear chainring to go up from 110/100 to 120/100 of the same brand.

5 minutes ago, kxlubber said:

Would you know how many teeth to add on the rear chainring to go up from 110/100 to 120/100 of the same brand.

I wouldn't change it at all. The diameter percentage difference between a 110/100 to a 120/100 is fairly small. Even a 1 tooth change on the rear would over-compensate.

140/80/18 IRC M5B fits.  Depending on your tire pressure you may have to shave a little side knob.  Almost 8 years running the same size and type of tire on this bike.