Hey guys Im 5’7” 185 bus, and I have a 2013 yz250f and I do mostly trail riding with a little bit track riding. I am currently looking to trade my bike for something else because my 250f just lacks power for me, I currently have offers on a 2008 crf450r, an 2010 kx250f, and an 2011 rmz 250f. Which would be a better fit?

Hey guys Im 5’7” 185 bus, and I have a 2013 yz250f and I do mostly trail riding with a little bit track riding. I am currently looking to trade my bike for something else because my 250f just lacks power for me, I currently have offers on a 2008 crf450r, an 2010 kx250f, and an 2011 rmz 250f. Which would be a better fit?

what makes you think the other “F” models (250 four strokes) will have more power than the bike you’re on?

None of those will make good trail bikes u less the po had the suspension redone for the woods, flywheel weights, and a whole sh*tload of other works done.

5 hours ago, Asmith_41 said:

Won't the RMZ and KX operate the same as your YZ? Swap it for the 450...

Get a yz250x and your problem will be solved. You don’t want any of the bikes you listed

Why are you looking at MX bikes if you want to ride trails? As others have written, that is just wrong. If you want to ride tight trails, get an enduro bike.

BTW, all of the Japanese MX 250s are very close, its a very competitive world. Switching from one to any other is not going to be a big change.

go back to the sticky in the forum, what is your budget? etc.

I would have to lean towards the other 250fs for trail bikes. That old 450 is not going to make you happy out there, most likely. A yamaha yz250x or 450x would be better options or just about anything KTM. 

The RMZ, IN MY OPINION, will be a little down on power compared to the KX but will handle better in the trail situations. The KX is a very solid package bike and tend to make excellent trail bikes for a lot of riders. They are my favorite trail 250f. Model year usually doesn't matter. 

Sell your bike and get either a 350 four stroke or a 250 2 stroke. 450 is too much and those other 250 four strokes won’t have the power you want. 350s are the perfect bike.