front wheel diving in the sand and deep pea gravel

what causes a bike to dive the front wheel into the sand and make it jart everywhere ? is the front too soft ? the rear sag is at 105 mm with me on it . it handles great in mud and dirt . just loose deep sand it dives .  my old 15 husky 250 handled great in the sand ........ with the 4cs that everyone hates ..... i was thinking on adding a few clicks of compression and see what it does ??? any other ideas ? 17 rmx 450 100% stock except rear spring . 

what causes a bike to dive the front wheel into the sand and make it jart everywhere ? is the front too soft ? the rear sag is at 105 mm with me on it . it handles great in mud and dirt . just loose deep sand it dives .  my old 15 husky 250 handled great in the sand ........ with the 4cs that everyone hates ..... i was thinking on adding a few clicks of compression and see what it does ??? any other ideas ? 17 rmx 450 100% stock except rear spring . 
Add 2-4 clicks of compression when hitting sand. Easy fix.
  • Like 1

Clicker adjustments are free, no reason to not try them. Make big adjustments(6-10 so you can really feel what is happening, one or two usually can't be felt by most riders. Then you can fine tune. Google Too-Tech Racing or Bruce's Suspension and read/study the suspension adjusting info. I prefer Bruce's.

• Like 1

Some tires just suck in sand too...

The is also a heavy(er) bike and carries more of that weight on the front wheel.  This causes it to sink into the sand more and push rather than want to float on top.

Edited by bikedude987
  • Like 1