Kickstand Karma

The other day I got an email from RM/ATV regarding KTM kickstands.  Basically it said they were sell a replacement Kickstand "When" your OEM kickstand fails.  Having my 13 500EXC for the past 5 plus years, I thought it was kind of weird because I never had an issue with it.  This last weekend while riding in Lake Arrowhead, I parked my bike on flat ground to take a break.  A minute later, I saw my bike take this extremely slow fall to the ground.  To my surprise, the Kickstand failed.  I guess Karma Kicked in...…..

3834.jpeg

3835.jpeg

KTM stands only support bike weight 7 last a long time if careful. I bought the PMB

Not if, but when it will fail.

• Like 1

The little spring holder arm fell off on mine, at about 90 miles. Lost the springs too of course. Sent the dealer photos and was told I had to bring it in to begin the a possible warranty replacement. Never had time for that. Hate the stock stand, but the PMB is really ugly to me.

12 years and the stock stand is still doing its job. My level of concern is about zero. Never put your weight on it. Just the bikes weight. Also do not lean the bike downhill on the stand. 

• Like 1

On 10/16/2018 at 6:08 AM, Bobatsea said:

12 years and the stock stand is still doing its job. My level of concern is about zero. Never put your weight on it. Just the bikes weight. Also do not lean the bike downhill on the stand. 

Or use it when the wind is blowing or in the sand or soft dirt etc.

Lost mine after about a year.  2014 500XCW bought in late 13. Replaced with a Trail Tech. No issues since.