XR650l Battery mod: Xr600r side panel installation

So I've managed to successfully perform spud's battery mod on my 650l, now I want to throw on a xr600r left sidepanel since the battery box is gone. 

What's the best way of modifying that little bracket that pushes out the quick disconnect mount to accommodate the battery box on the 650l to the position the mount is at on the 600r?

cant wait to do the same to mine. ill definitely be takin notes

3 hours ago, TheLastByte said:

So I've managed to successfully perform spud's battery mod on my 650l, now I want to throw on a xr600r left sidepanel since the battery box is gone. 

What's the best way of modifying that little bracket that pushes out the quick disconnect mount to accommodate the battery box on the 650l to the position the mount is at on the 600r?

I think all you need to do is remove it and reveal the hole behind it to receive the stock 600R dsuz fastener.

Edited by Hollerhead

looked at my bike and the plastic is recessed where the zues fitting is. do you already have the flat style cover? it might fit. if not cut tabs off and move them.

Right, but the issue is the fastener is riveted onto the bracket. I'm trying to figure out what the correct way is to attach the dsuz receiver to the airbox once I drill out the rivets holing it to the bracket and the bracket to the airbox. 

Edited by TheLastByte

7 hours ago, TheLastByte said:

Right, but the issue is the fastener is riveted onto the bracket. I'm trying to figure out what the correct way is to attach the dsuz receiver to the airbox once I drill out the rivets holing it to the bracket and the bracket to the airbox. 

Can't you use two new rivets?

do both 600r side panels fit on the 650l? A used oem 600r left side is pretty close in price with a new UFO set of left and right plastics. How do the oem plastics compare to the aftermarket ones? I know with sportbikes the stock ones are way way better.