What is this bolt hole for on the rear caliper?

I want to move the wheel speed sensor for my Trail Tech Vapor to the back wheel. While looking at the rear caliper for a place to mount it, I found this hole (looks like a m6 threaded hole) and am now curious what it's for. It's lined up perfectly with the brake rotor bolts so it's almost as if maybe out there somewhere is a wheel speed sensor bolt that screws right into that hole. Anyone know if my theory is correct?IMG_20181015_161311894.thumb.jpg.c6d7bdd0ba754f301f34d5a3e3144a31.jpg

I want to move the wheel speed sensor for my Trail Tech Vapor to the back wheel. While looking at the rear caliper for a place to mount it, I found this hole (looks like a m6 threaded hole) and am now curious what it's for. It's lined up perfectly with the brake rotor bolts so it's almost as if maybe out there somewhere is a wheel speed sensor bolt that screws right into that hole. Anyone know if my theory is correct?IMG_20181015_161311894.thumb.jpg.c6d7bdd0ba754f301f34d5a3e3144a31.jpg
Sorry, it's for the caliper guard that Suzuki left off IMG_20180908_164306991_HDR.jpeg
  • Like 1
  • Helpful 1

8 minutes ago, ohiodrz400sm said:

Sorry, it's for the caliper guard that Suzuki left off IMG_20180908_164306991_HDR.jpeg

Ah I completely forgot that was a thing, but I do have a trail tech sensor that might fit in that hole if I remove all the plastic around it

Why would you put the speedo on the rear wheel ? it'll be up and down anytime your spinning and mileage will also then be off and different each time depending how much spinning is done . I'd guess strictly on the street and doing no spinning it wouldn't be bad but I don't see the gain in running such a long wire going back there over simply down to the front wheel as is normal .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jjktmrider said:

Why would you put the speedo on the rear wheel ? it'll be up and down anytime your spinning and mileage will also then be off and different each time depending how much spinning is done . I'd guess strictly on the street and doing no spinning it wouldn't be bad but I don't see the gain in running such a long wire going back there over simply down to the front wheel as is normal .

I'm kind of ashamed to say...I don't do much offroading.....but I do however do lots of wheelies lol, so at times I think it would be nice to know how fast I'm going with the front wheel off the pavement. I've never cared how fast I'm going off-road tho and the mileage is off anyway (trail tech Vapor reset for some reason) not too important to me tho and I don't plan on selling this bike. Also the speedometer wire gets bunched up (I have an unconventional fork guard) so putting it in the back would eliminate that as well

On 10/16/2018 at 10:24 AM, jjktmrider said:

I always enjoyed seeing the speedometer needle shoot up when I'm spinning tires.

• Like 1