YZ125 vs KTM150 EXC

2007 was the last year of the 125 frame for offroad models, also first year of the 36mm carb.
I own one and wouldn't trade it for a 2018 ktm 150 for a trail ride or a race.

• Like 2

I'm also wondering if a Recluse clutch might help my bottom end challenged 125 to make it up those hill climbs a little easier? I mean I would prefer a traditional clutch but maybe the recluse could help? Has anyone used one on a small bore? Maybe I could be a gear higher. Not real sure how they work save some youtube videos.

19 hours ago, speedtoad said:

2007 was the last year of the 125 frame for offroad models, also first year of the 36mm carb.
I own one and wouldn't trade it for a 2018 ktm 150 for a trail ride or a race.

I am definetly chasing the band wagon on this one. I am craving a shorter seat height. This maybe the way to go...and cheaper

What do you guys think....would a gnarly pipe do much for a 125? I know on a 200 it helps, but is it any different on a smaller bore?

Don't know they make one ?

On 10/22/2018 at 3:08 PM, Lone Danger said:

I am definetly chasing the band wagon on this one. I am craving a shorter seat height. This maybe the way to go...and cheaper

I find my new-to-me 2004 200 significantly more compact than later model KTMs.  While the bike is more compact and manageable, the seat height (with sag set at 105 mm) is not what I would call low.  It seems pretty much the same as my YZs (I run about 95 mm sag on them).  I don't have my 09 KTM anymore to compare directly, but the seat height is definitely lower than than that.  

• Like 1

90% rider, 10% bike 

...having said that, fit a YZ125 with a VHM head, proper jetting, and a good pipe, and you should end up with a very competitive lightweight. 

• Like 1

I'm not a fan of low end pipes unless it's gnarly terrian.
I like to rev it out on long straights and over jumps.