Reedy

17 minutes ago, jcm3 said:

He looked pretty good in the first moto (didn't see what happened, he bounced around a bit) and really good in the third.

We'll see if he gels with the Zuk.

He raced Stewie down to the last SX round missing the title by 4 points and won the outdoor title on essentially the same bike 

Edited by MotorBoatin
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, MotorBoatin said:

He raced Stewie down to the last SX round missing the title by 4 points and won the outdoor title on essentially the same bike 

What's kind of ? is that you're talking about 2009, and you're right.  

[emoji23][emoji23] that bike has changed quite a bit from 09. Other then the motors nothing is the same anymore. Hell the 12 frame was different then the 09

1 hour ago, AdamW21 said:

emoji23.pngemoji23.png that bike has changed quite a bit from 09. Other then the motors nothing is the same anymore. Hell the 12 frame was different then the 09

So you're the one that believes the marketing BULLSHIT

Little tweaks nothing more. Suzuki has been giving you the same bike for more than a decade 

Edited by MotorBoatin
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AdamW21 said:

Doubt it. The frame from a 08-17 compared to a 18 aren’t even close

Ok, I'll give you that 2018 was a major revamp...under Suzuki standards ?...but it still turns the same, has the same straight line jitters, the same engine characteristics, has kick start, comes with sub par suspension, finishes last in all the shootouts and lets not forget that it weighs more than the bike it replaced 

Yep....new and improved bike ?

Edited by MotorBoatin
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, lowmass said:

this is not to start trouble. I genuinely want to know, what are the changes in the frame??

Frame advancements include a more rectangular cross-section for the main spars, improved fore-aft rigidity and optimised overall rigidity, together with a 700g weight reduction. All of which directly increase cornering, shock-absorbing ability and handling stability.2018-RMZ450-RM-Z450L8_new_frame2-1024x35

As Mog said, it is the same DNA. 

• Like 1

ok yea thats what thought.

I suspect that any Al framed bike that has had design changes to "improve rigidity" are very small changes at best.

Within the constraints of a given structural shape/size ( the basic twin spar frame for instance), Aluminum is limited. 

looking at that pic I see a construction(the 2018) that is simply easier to manufacture( less individual pieces and gussets), and a bit of shaving off unesasary material/weight

Edited by lowmass