Dented muffler fix?

Does anyone have any tips on fixing a dented muffler? The kid i bought my bike from dented the muffler around the mounting bracket from riding wheelies. I know i could buy a new exhaust but its an fmf 4.1 and id like to try to fix it before dropping $300+ on a new slip on

I haven't tried it personally but read about - take the silencer completely apart so you just have the can.

On a nice flat hard large surface use a rolling pin (if its long enough) or say a 1" or larger diameter piece of steel EMT conduit that's about 6" or longer to come out of each end and basically roll out the dent. 

index.jpg.c8f64135a793a4c7d009789764e549c9.jpg

Slightly hard to explain and hope this gives you some ideas :)

I haven't tried it personally but read about - take the silencer completely apart so you just have the can.
On a nice flat hard large surface use a rolling pin (if its long enough) or say a 1" or larger diameter piece of steel EMT conduit that's about 6" or longer to come out of each end and basically roll out the dent. 
index.jpg.c8f64135a793a4c7d009789764e549c9.jpg
Slightly hard to explain and hope this gives you some ideas

I know exactly what you mean! Thats genius! I was worried about the other techniques i read about that it would take the oval shape out and make it a circle. Ill give that a try. Thanks man!
  • Like 1