Hi i have question

the xr100 have 30 on cam 15 on crank and the xr80 28 on cam 14 on crank what happen if i swap them like put the 14 28 on the xr100 and the 15 30 on the xr 80 what is the reaction on the bikes ??? If can be done or not ??? 

In theory they are both the same. A two to one reduction. I believe the difference is the longer stroke and it is about chain and sprocket wear. If you are looking for performance regarding the cam get a slotted sprocket with the cam grind of your choice. Then degree the camshaft. The difference in cam timing can make improvements on low end or wide open. Frank at engines only is real knowledgeable and has sprocket cam and good numbers to set them to.

• Helpful 1

6 hours ago, Dumpdaveinfl said:

In theory they are both the same. A two to one reduction. I believe the difference is the longer stroke and it is about chain and sprocket wear. If you are looking for performance regarding the cam get a slotted sprocket with the cam grind of your choice. Then degree the camshaft. The difference in cam timing can make improvements on low end or wide open. Frank at engines only is real knowledgeable and has sprocket cam and good numbers to set them to.

Thanks can you give me the link of frank web site  please ???