Honda (Showa) Progressive Steering Damper for 17' RX

So I have had more moments than I would like where I had a quick talk with god because my front wheel swapped on me in fast sections and almost sent me flying. I have no experience with steering dampers as I've never really had this issue before. I was looking in to the HPSD because of the $$ over the Scott's damper. Does anyone have any experience or tips with these things? as in is it worth it or na? just drop the money on a Scotts?

I was looking at getting the 24mm since its more geared towards Enduro/Off road stuff. Thanks.

if you can afford the scotts.....do it. I have the Honda on my rx that has been revalved by factory connection and run heavy weight oil. the Honda is better then nothing, and the scotts is better then the Honda. the Honda one does help a little in the rocks, helps, but not like the scotts.

• Like 1

Not hard to revalve and reoil yourself with heavier oil.
I did it off a thread I found. Search it
But yes it made it better for corners but for high speed straight line stabilization I find a top center mounted, like a Scott's, to be the ticket.

I have both the Scotts and the HPSD on my KTM 350.

In my experience the HPSD calms the chassis coming into turns, allows for better tracking in ruts and takes the "looseness" out of the front end, but it's range is very limited in terms of performance and adjustability...

The Scotts does much the same but allows for even more range in both low speed and high speed applications.

Either one will do little to help with a poorly setup chassis/suspension combo... 

Back to back, I prefer the HPSD as it tucks nicely under the front numberplate and offers the exact amount of performance I require...In the future if I need to take the the desert more I will probably opt to swap the Scotts on...

• Like 1

Thank you for the input guys.

I think the main thing that turns me off on the SUB mount Scotts is the fact that it raises the bars 1 inch for 7/8 bars, obviously higher for 1-1/8. I'm 5'9 so I'm not a tall dude as it is; and I finally got a bend that I've been really comfortable on so I'm not looking to change that aspect. I'm sure theres a bar out there that could get it close but I think that would be a pain.

Anyways, thanks again gentlemen.

Edited by vinnytwotimes