Scenery on County Line

When did you ride this? I tried on Sept 30th and it was still closed. I definitely want to ride it before the season ends if possible. Did you ride Teanaway Ridge Trail (1364) as part of the loop? Awesome video by the way.

October 10th. It was reopened Friday, October 5th. The Ranger, Mikki Douglass posted on Facebook group "Cle Elum Off-Road Team". But the tape and signs had not been removed yet when we got there. 

Yes we started on Teanaway Ridge. 

Edited by Blue Dawn Enduro
  • Like 1

Scenery on County Line. Thanks for the epic tour [mention=276857]cougbike[/mention]

Subscribed
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Blue Dawn Enduro said:

Scenery on County Line. Thanks for the epic tour @cougbike

Such an awesome ride area! That loop is really nice, and can be created to make it a medium length ride, or a long ride. Fantastic scenery and while not boring it's hardly a grinder. Rode it with some other Thumps during summer after a brutal day before, and the tamer conditions were appreciated. I loved the initial climb up to Miller Peak, long trail going up and up with switches, but in very good shape and surprisingly fast and flowing going up. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, TigerTanker said:

Such an awesome ride area! That loop is really nice, and can be created to make it a medium length ride, or a long ride. Fantastic scenery and while not boring it's hardly a grinder. Rode it with some other Thumps during summer after a brutal day before, and the tamer conditions were appreciated. I loved the initial climb up to Miller Peak, long trail going up and up with switches, but in very good shape and surprisingly fast and flowing going up. 

Its a good rip with huge views. Our loop was only 25 miles which left me with energy to spare, light snow started to fall at Miller Peak and we finished the loop out Iron Bear East at 4 PM.  Iron Bear is a misnomer for this trail! I cannot think of an easier singletrack than Iron Bear -- Its a wide beginner that can be ridden fast all the way to Teanaway Ridge. It would be an excellent first timer trail up to the hill climb. Its wide enough in most places for beginner mistakes or turning around. East of Teanaway Ridge, Iron Bear is similar to County Line, exposure, but not difficult.  

4 minutes ago, Blue Dawn Enduro said:

Its a good rip with huge views. Our loop was only 25 miles which left me with energy to spare, light snow started to fall at Miller Peak and we finished the loop out Iron Bear East at 4 PM.  Iron Bear is a misnomer for this trail! I cannot think of an easier singletrack than Iron Bear -- Its a wide beginner that can be ridden fast all the way to Teanaway Ridge. It would be an excellent first timer trail up to the hill climb. Its wide enough in most places for beginner mistakes or turning around. East of Teanaway Ridge, Iron Bear is similar to County Line, exposure, but not difficult.  

It's a fine ride for a family of riders for sure. Pound for pound, hard pressed to find a ride that has better or more viewing spots along the way.