Twisted engineering or Fasst Flex Bars?

1) Is Twisted Engineering back on track or still do not responds or deliver orders to their customers? Reviews are very negative about them...? 2) Are the X4 from Twisted Engineering better or as good  compare to Fasst Flexx handlebars. 3) I guess they are half the weight +/-? Thanks a lot for your replies.

I have the 3x twisted bars and love them. I wasn't aware of any negative reviews except their lack of customer response, but the product I thought were always positive.

I don't know if they are back in production or not

actually, I recall some first gen bars breaking. I have the second gen that have taken some hard hits and are fine. I hear the third gen are even better

Edited by randysoo
  • Like 1

I have the Fast Flex and love them, they really work and you don't notice any change in bike function, just that your hands feel better at the end of the ride. 

• Like 2

Flexxbars for me as well. Did a ton of research and ultimately felt more comfortable with the Fastway company and solid reviews from longtime customers. 

I took them off this Spring to actually see if I noticed that much difference after running them 8 or so months. Night and day difference. Immediately put them back on. 

• Like 2

The Mako 360 looks great, I have not used them but I would like to.

https://xcgear.myshopify.com/products/mako-360-xcm14k2?rq=yr_2015~mk_ktm~md_500xcw

Six years on a set of Flexxbars on different bikes.  Won't ride without them.

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

I think you answered your own question. TE has had issues with supply, rep for breaking on early models, requires a very proprietary handguard system. Recently were "sold" and doesn't have much ability to respond to customers.

Fasstco on the other hand has customer service second to none. Uses pretty much most handguard systems with adapters supplied by them and available. Can be adjusted to whatever flex you desire and have an actual warranty in the event something goes wrong. Has a huge variety of bends and widths. Is proven in racing the world over and raved about by many. They are heavier than the TE, that's the only downside I can really criticize about. FWIW they will be coming out with a redesigned and assumed lighter version next year. Some GNCC guys are running them now. 

I'd call that a no brainer. 

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

12 hours ago, rocky4by said:

The Mako 360 looks great, I have not used them but I would like to.

https://xcgear.myshopify.com/products/mako-360-xcm14k2?rq=yr_2015~mk_ktm~md_500xcw 

Had this on my Sherco mostly to reduce the vibrations. Never used flex bars so I cant compare but I have to assume the flex bars offer more movement. What I liked about the mako was when you dropped the bike the forks didn't twist out of alignment as much/easily. Reduced vibrations was a plus and less impact to the arms over trail trash. What I disliked was the size and price. Size could interfere with forks, adjusters or guards depending on brand/style. Overall good quality but  too bulky in the looks.

Edited by weantright
  • Like 1

Used Flexx bars for about 4 years and then switched to TE 3X back in 2015 (4X not available then).  No comparison between the two, much less weight with TE bars and the ability to flex in all directions is much better when soaking up trail trash.  Mine have been crashed countless times racing and practicing, so far no issues with the product.  Hopefully the new ownership takes better care of customers, I did not have any problems ordering, receiving or communicating with TE when I purchased mine but I have read about other people being frustrated trying to get a hold of them.

3 hours ago, Mikek671 said:

Used Flexx bars for about 4 years and then switched to TE 3X back in 2015 (4X not available then).  No comparison between the two, much less weight with TE bars and the ability to flex in all directions is much better when soaking up trail trash.  Mine have been crashed countless times racing and practicing, so far no issues with the product.  Hopefully the new ownership takes better care of customers, I did not have any problems ordering, receiving or communicating with TE when I purchased mine but I have read about other people being frustrated trying to get a hold of them.

I would buy a pair today but the lack of information on what they are made of, and rather common complaints of the company being virtually non communicative keeps me from considering them as an option. I think the idea is fantastic, but the execution is poor. Those handguards with the sliding fitment at the barclamp area is especially asking for issues/wear. I always thought they should use the SS cable system of the Reflex Handguard system to really maximize that need for free flex.

Reflex Handguard Test-DBT

Edited by Chase Jiannalone
  • Like 2

I used flex bars for years, there is maintenance the pivot points will eventually seize with or w/o constant lubing, the bumpers eventually harden, there heavy and don't offer a low version.

I switch to TE and will never go back, EVERY 40+ racers that tries any of my bike with the TE bars, goes home mad (because that ride just cost them $400) , and they have TE bars the next ride.       

The breaking issues are minuscule compared to other bars (I've snapped two sets of Pro-Tappers), and like every thing else on the net, a few guys get pissed off so they hit the key board to vent.

It's a big investment, but if you have wrist or shoulder issues, they will keep you on the bike longer.

There hand guards also get bagged on, the slotted inside could be a better design but the clamp on out design is brilliant, if you ride in tight trees your bar width will be about 1.5 less than those bolt in the end guards, and if installed correct and clean it's extremely tough to make them move, there shields are Moose, I give them away and use my own bolt on shields, there shields use U clamp design that doesn't stay in place long.

You really need to try them and make a decision, cost between them is close now.     

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1