2003 RM125 help

Hey guys. Just picked up an '03 RM 125 last night that has blown up due to what the guy called big end bearing failure. I'm assuming this is the crank bearing? I'm 26 years old and my last bike was a '06 RMZ 250 that I sold when I was 17. So, almost 10 years without a bike. My question is. What build options do you guys recommend? I'm a little on the big side for a 125 ( 6' 200#) but I picked this bike up for $370 and figured it would be a good winter project that will get me back on 2 wheels by spring. I will mainly trail ride with the occasional visit to a track (I don't intend on racing). Thanks.

5 hours ago, stprice10 said:

Hey guys. Just picked up an '03 RM 125 last night that has blown up due to what the guy called big end bearing failure. I'm assuming this is the crank bearing? I'm 26 years old and my last bike was a '06 RMZ 250 that I sold when I was 17. So, almost 10 years without a bike. My question is. What build options do you guys recommend? I'm a little on the big side for a 125 ( 6' 200#) but I picked this bike up for $370 and figured it would be a good winter project that will get me back on 2 wheels by spring. I will mainly trail ride with the occasional visit to a track (I don't intend on racing). Thanks.

I would suggest buying the Pro-X rod-kit -> https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/2819/24014/Pro-X-Connecting-Rod-Kit?v=3526

Lot of other parts Pro-X is good if you do not buy OEM just whatever you prefer. The Stock Crank pressing it is a better LONG term keeper bike and much better quality.

I have used the Pro-X crank kits before or the OEM depending on what is available. Always had good results and my bikes lasted for years. 

Hot rods kits are good too. Don’t buy wiseco cranks. They’re supposedly made in China and not very good. Their pistons are great though.