99klr250

utah Klondike trails (near Moab) worth riding?

We'll be returning to Moab to ride.  One area we have not tried is Klondike Bluffs.  Has anybody ridden there?  Do you recommend?  Any favorites trails?  Thanks

39 minutes ago, 99klr250 said:

We'll be returning to Moab to ride.  One area we have not tried is Klondike Bluffs.  Has anybody ridden there?  Do you recommend?  Any favorites trails?  Thanks

Klondike itself doesn't have much, but you can get to Sovereign really easily from there, then across to Seven Mile Rim (jeep trail but fun).

1 minute ago, zzsean said:

Klondike itself doesn't have much, but you can get to Sovereign really easily from there, then across to Seven Mile Rim (jeep trail but fun).

Yea, we'll be riding those another day.  And, another day up to Golden Bar Rim and Poison Spider.  Thanks for the response.

Just now, 99klr250 said:

Yea, we'll be riding those another day.  And, another day up to Golden Bar Rim and Poison Spider.  Thanks for the response.

cool, yeah there is a lot of trail around Klondike - but most of it is not motorized.

I've ridden quite a bit of it. It won't have any challenges for you. I think you would find it rather boring.

Thanks everybody.  Consistent with what zzsean said, the Latitude 40 maps shows all the Klondike single track as non-motorized.  That means only the jeep trails there would be open to motorcycles. 

If your willing to drive a little north of town the White Wash area is top notch.

I rode poison spider/golden spike last saturday and it was so busy with jeeps and side by sides I felt like I was back in rush hour traffic.

Went to White Wash the next day and felt like I had 100 square miles of playground to myself.

• Like 1

We will spend a day at White Wash.  We'll be riding Monday thru Friday.  If you want to join us, let us know.

On 10/18/2018 at 1:27 PM, chadzu said:

If your willing to drive a little north of town the White Wash area is top notch.

I rode poison spider/golden spike last saturday and it was so busy with jeeps and side by sides I felt like I was back in rush hour traffic.

Went to White Wash the next day and felt like I had 100 square miles of playground to myself.

Major bummer that Poison Spider/Golden Spike are getting that crowded!

We too were at White Wash 17-20. Rained tons...was awesome once it quit.  Made the following:

Edited by dmac1

We rode White Wash Oct 25th.  The sand was dryer, but still a little on the firm side. 

As far as crowds, we didn't see any.  Nobody else was at the dunes when we were there.  The day before on Golden Spike / Poison spider, we saw a few people.  Slick Rock / Hells Revenge had some traffic, but that's normal. 

Overall, we had a great week.