Riding at vedder

So what do you all need to ride at vedder? Do they actually have guys checking for insurance coverage documents etc?

32 minutes ago, invol2ver said:

So what do you all need to ride at vedder? Do they actually have guys checking for insurance coverage documents etc?

hmmm, good question. I've ridden up there a few times and I've always come across plenty of people, but no enforcement. I've always just took my chances, but I'm stupid sometimes, so don't follow me :)

I'd like to know what I'm supposed to have

Edited by Slackkinhard
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

They have checked, but it's few and far between... It's technically owned by the city so it doesn't run under the same rules as crown land as it's private property... 

• Helpful 1

1 hour ago, Hans Schmid said:

They have checked, but it's few and far between... It's technically owned by the city so it doesn't run under the same rules as crown land as it's private property... 

I'm in Chilliwack every year for river stuff and I bring my bike in the back of my van, nobody has ever asked. I've always heard about insurance up there, but don't know where/when/how to go about it. Don't want to buy it if not really needed

• Like 1

4 hours ago, invol2ver said:

I ride Vedder all the time. Never been checked there but they are around, occasionally. I would think if your bike is registered/insured where you live they would let it go on the off chance you do get checked. If you come up msg me and I'll give you the tour. Also if you want I can inquire about exactly what you would be required to have and get back to you if you like.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PNW Enduro said:

I ride Vedder all the time. Never been checked there but they are around, occasionally. I would think if your bike is registered/insured where you live they would let it go on the off chance you do get checked. If you come up msg me and I'll give you the tour. Also if you want I can inquire about exactly what you would be required to have and get back to you if you like.  

In WA they do not require insurance of any kind....that is the rub for us 'mericans

Used to ride / race BC quite a bit 10 years ago and never once had insurance come up. Rode Vedder alot as I had a buddy who lived on Cultus Lake and never had any contact with any kind of law enforcement but again that was 10 years ago.