1983 SP250 Suzuki cdi spark issues

Got an sp250 recently that I'm trying to get going. Prior owner warned about a faulty CDI box. "Its a common problem...runs for an hour then dies...then will run again after alot of kicking..." Ok. Well he starts it up on two kicks and I'm sold. 

Get it home and no spark. Hmm. had to go to work.

Next day, bam starts up drives around the block. Shutdown, then no spark again.

Started shopping for replacement CDIs. Wow, rare and expensive. And no new stock. I have read that it is "generally" OK to use these generic Chinese CDI boxes. Wiring diagrams weren't easy to find for those, but I found them.  Now, I just want to get a hold of the SP250 diagram. That's been impossible for me to find a legible copy of.

Wirings a little hacked up. before the CDI, I am getting voltage across Red and B/W wires, and Brown and B/W. Not sure why I have two + wires? White must be the timing pulse?  Black/Yellow must be a kill switch. Then I have a Chinese CDI box that seems straightforward, but I am nervous to use it. What can go wrong? at idle speeds I would think nothing. High RPM, maybe bad spark timing. But I am also nervous to spend big bucks on a used old stock CDI

So I'm basically looking for a wiring diagram and advice on what to do next.

Edited by Mike Lehman

2 minutes ago, S.O.A.N.Z said:

Lot of money for a $400 bike. Guessing no experience with a generic CDI? I wasn't able to find a manual for this bike either.

It is what it is - a $400 bike is going to cost you money

Workshop manuals on ebay

1 minute ago, S.O.A.N.Z said:

It is what it is - a $400 bike is going to cost you money

Workshop manuals on ebay

Was hoping someone on the forum had a Pdf of one. doesn't seem worth it to immediately spend $90 on an old manual