Camshaft sleeve 1998 Yz400f

So i’m looking at picking up this bike that’s for sale near me, it’s a 1998 Yz400f, he says it needs, on the exaust side a camshaft sleeve, now i thought i knew what he was talking but after looking at the microfiche for the part number to find availability apparently i don’t, i couldn’t find it anywheres, can someone help me out here?

I'd look for a diffent bike.  Probably was run low or out of oil, or never changed, damaging the journal.  It's not a fix you just buy and replace.

It’s good you looked for the part and didn’t buy the bike. Like it was said it’s likely been run out of oil and the engine is toast. Buy a newer bike if you can. It’s too old and not worth fixing. 

i asked him what he means exactly, cause yeah if it’s the journal then no thanks but the way he made it sound is that it only needs an exaust valve which is no big and this “sleeve” that he lost, he’s asking 600$ for the bike so depends on what he means it could be worth it.

Everything in that engine is very old. If one valve goes the others are likely to be ready also.

In good running order I think it’s only worth $1,000 if that. You will likely spend way more fixing it.

Buy a good 06-09 YZ450 or 07-11 WR450. The YZ’s might be in the $2, range the WR’s in the $3, range.