Updated/upgraded battery strap from Beta

Beta has come out with a better/upgraded/updated battery strap.   

Battery strap, here:  https://shop.betausa.com/p/heavy-duty-battery-strap/new-stuff?pp=12

It would have been nice of Beta to have just shipped every owner a new, free strap, as a nice gesture.  

If the two sets of FREE hair ties did not work so well, I might drop the $15 on that strap as it looks a LOT better than the POS o-ring I had to buy after the original one broke the first time.  

Edited by Ben500RR-S
  • Like 1
  • Helpful 1

It looks like the one it was std on RR models after 2015 or 2016 which also is a PIA to fit with bare hands (but doesn't snaps) 

Perhaps they mean it as an update for the older models...... 

My 2017 RR-S came with the O-Ring that just broke.  Word on the street has it that the seat ends up hitting the O-Ring at the corner of the battery and breaks the ring.  I bought another O-Ring and it broke again.  

I agree, the strap, while it probably works a lot better, must be a PITA to get on as even the hair ties I am using, getting them over the single post is tricky as there is not much space with which to get ones fingers down in there where it is.  

21 hours ago, Ben500RR-S said:

My 2017 RR-S came with the O-Ring that just broke.  Word on the street has it that the seat ends up hitting the O-Ring at the corner of the battery and breaks the ring.  I bought another O-Ring and it broke again.  

I agree, the strap, while it probably works a lot better, must be a PITA to get on as even the hair ties I am using, getting them over the single post is tricky as there is not much space with which to get ones fingers down in there where it is.  

Maybe the RR-S were still coming with the old strap. 

For the new strap, I use a screw driver as a lever to pull it into place. 

That strap was what came standard on my 17' 250RR.. 90 degree needle nose make it super easy to attach

On 10/17/2018 at 7:55 AM, dirtbird said:

It looks like the one it was std on RR models after 2015 or 2016 which also is a PIA to fit with bare hands (but doesn't snaps) 

Perhaps they mean it as an update for the older models...... 

OK, I checked again today and I wasn’t entirely correct. The uprated strap was fitted from the factory on the 2 strokes only until 2018 when the CDI was moved outside of the filter box. The 4 stroke models never had it fitted from the factory. 

3 minutes ago, dirtbird said:

OK, I checked again today and I wasn’t entirely correct. The uprated strap was fitted from the factory on the 2 strokes only until 2018 when the CDI was moved outside of the filter box. The 4 stroke models never had it fitted from the factory. 

My 2016 250RR came with the battery strap in the OP.

My wife's 2017 Xtrainer came with a sh*tty o-ring as a battery strap. 

2 minutes ago, Goatse said:

My 2016 250RR came with the battery strap in the OP.

My wife's 2017 Xtrainer came with a sh*tty o-ring as a battery strap. 

Exactly. 

2017, 2016 and maybe (haven't checked) 2015 2-stroke RRs had the strap. 

4-strokes, not. 

Don't know about XTs. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=bungee+cord+pack&client=safari&hl=en-us&prmd=sivn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwigrdyM45TeAhWIhFQKHbEdDW0Q_AUIEigC

:excuseme::ride:    I don’t know.. seems like a non issue or so minor... I got extra hanging around or can get a couple at Walmart if I want .. or zipties 

Edited by hawaiidirtrider