This looks like the BEST thing ever invented for getting tires on rims, anyone else use/try this thing? Baja No Pinch 1001?

I was looking for a tire changing stand.  I have been using a 14" old trailer tire and while it has been working ok, having a stand would be nice for the $100 or so it costs.  I came across this Baja No Pinch 1001 and in the video of the tool, it looks like the best thing EVER, for getting the tire on the rim with no chance of pinching the tube.  Link to tool here:  https://www.amazon.com/BAJA-NO-PINCH-1001-Motorcycle/dp/B00J41H2DO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1539779116&sr=8-2&keywords=baja+no+pinch+tool

While I have been pretty good at NOT pinching the tubes when putting new tires on as I inflate the tube and then deflate it just enough to get the tire on the rim, the guy in this video:  

. . . just made it so easy to put the tube into the tire, put the tire over the rim and using the tool but both beads on the rim with very little effort.  

Anyone else use one of these things?  For $100 it is not much money  and compared to the price of HD/UHD tubes, it could be money very well spent.  

• Like 5
  • Helpful 1

8 hours ago, cjjeepercreeper said:

I use a Rabaconda.  More versatile.

I don't know cj.....that video hurt just watching it. He needed some lube of some kind for sure. I was @ a mx race in Little Rock, AR back in 2010 & watched an old guy installing tires the old way, by hand....& I was amazed....been installing them his way ever since. Pretty quick too!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, dfesmire99 said:

I don't know cj.....that video hurt just watching it. He needed some lube of some kind for sure. I was @ a mx race in Little Rock, AR back in 2010 & watched an old guy installing tires the old way, by hand....& I was amazed....been installing them his way ever since. Pretty quick too!

That was me, and I didn't use lube on purpose.  It was also an ancient stiff tire that was too big for that rim.  I wanted to make it as difficult as possible to see if you could still mount it.  If you take out all the time I spent explaining stuff it took probably less than 5 minutes.  I usually use soap water.

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

On 10/17/2018 at 8:24 AM, Ben500RR-S said:

I was looking for a tire changing stand.  I have been using a 14" old trailer tire and while it has been working ok, having a stand would be nice for the $100 or so it costs.  I came across this Baja No Pinch 1001 and in the video of the tool, it looks like the best thing EVER, for getting the tire on the rim with no chance of pinching the tube.  Link to tool here:  https://www.amazon.com/BAJA-NO-PINCH-1001-Motorcycle/dp/B00J41H2DO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1539779116&sr=8-2&keywords=baja+no+pinch+tool

While I have been pretty good at NOT pinching the tubes when putting new tires on as I inflate the tube and then deflate it just enough to get the tire on the rim, the guy in this video:  

. . . just made it so easy to put the tube into the tire, put the tire over the rim and using the tool but both beads on the rim with very little effort.  

Anyone else use one of these things?  For $100 it is not much money  and compared to the price of HD/UHD tubes, it could be money very well spent.  

Oh man! That looks awesome. No more sweating onto my tire! On the wish list, thanks man.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cjjeepercreeper said:

That was me, and I didn't use lube on purpose.  It was also an ancient stiff tire that was too big for that rim.  I wanted to make it as difficult as possible to see if you could still mount it.  If you take out all the time I spent explaining stuff it took probably less than 5 minutes.  I usually use soap water.

Kool! Now I know who cjjeepercreeper is!! Yeah, I keep a spray bottle of Simple Green (about 25%) around all the time so I usually just spray some of that on to help lube up a tire. I been putting tires on for a long time & thought I knew what I was doing until I stood for a while & watched that guy in AR do it....man had I been working my a$$ off for far too long!! I still beat myself up putting on ATV tires but my son can make it look so damn easy!!

5 minutes ago, dfesmire99 said:

Kool! Now I know who cjjeepercreeper is!! Yeah, I keep a spray bottle of Simple Green (about 25%) around all the time so I usually just spray some of that on to help lube up a tire. I been putting tires on for a long time & thought I knew what I was doing until I stood for a while & watched that guy in AR do it....man had I been working my a$$ off for far too long!! I still beat myself up putting on ATV tires but my son can make it look so damn easy!!

If you had tried to mount that tire with tire irons and lube it would have been nearly impossible.  With the machine it was simple, even making it as hard on myself as I could.  I didn't even work up a sweat.  The main purpose of the Rabaconda is mousses, but as can be seen it is good for tubes, too.

I do have to admit it is pricey.

Edited by cjjeepercreeper
  • Like 1

SOB!  All you mo-fo's have bought the 6 that were for sale on Amazon.  
I'll have to get one on eBay.  I should have known better and bought one before I posted the thing.  The video's make it look so easy.  
To add insult to injury Alta has ceased operations today

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 5:31 PM, dfesmire99 said:

I don't know cj.....that video hurt just watching it. 

? I so agree but I'm glad I watched til the end. After spending all that $ on the machine, he just forgoes the contraption and just spoons on the last 3rd. That's that only part of the job a machine would be helpful with. 

After seeing that, I feel like I'm a pro at changing tires. 

• Like 5