Best moto x/enduro boots under $250?

I have about $250 to spend on upgrading from my MSR dual sport boots to a better, more protective boot for the more enduro type riding I’ve been getting into. I know that I shouldn’t put a price on my feet, etc. but I’m not being cheap, that is literally what I’ve got to spend on them. I was looking at the Forma terrain tx boots but can’t find them in size 10 unless they look like skittles. Also in my view is Gaerne G react, Sidi x-3 and fox comp 5. The Italian boots typically only fall in my price range on closeout, in any size besides 10 or in color schemes that I really don’t want to compromise to. I was set to get the fox boots until I saw a few videos about buckles flying open and guys breaking ankles with them in very low speed crashes. I was hoping to get a hinged boot. Anybody have any suggestions. I know they all have there merits but which ones come out on top. Any other boots I should consider?

go try on all the boots you can afford, and buy the ones that seem to fit best/seem the most comfortable...

price vs quality is somewhat subjective. 

Just say NO to  cheap fox boots!

Skittles are nummy. If youre tight $ deal with it. Better to have a better product than look good.

Haven’t tested multiple boots under 250,but have a pair of tech 1s that I do like.

I like the Garene gx1, their the cheapest boot made in Italy and you can find them for around 210$ . ive had a pair for 3 seasons and their still in really good condition.  whatever you buy make sure their made in Italy not China. they will last longer. 

• Like 1

In your price range on ebay: white size 10 USA retailer, black size 10 Italian retailers.

FWIW, I have the Terrain TX boots and am of the opinion they match the quality of Gaernes and, for me, provide a much better fit.

Edited by DaveCR
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, elrontx said:

I like the Garene gx1, their the cheapest boot made in Italy and you can find them for around 210$ . ive had a pair for 3 seasons and their still in really good condition.  whatever you buy make sure their made in Italy not China. they will last longer. 

THIS! Best quality by far. I have had two pair. Most comfortable and best buckles. I have a pair of size 12's in Black that have less than thirty miles on them in dry conditions , as close to new condition as possible. Had to get size 11. $100 + shipping. 

49 minutes ago, Piney Woods said:

THIS! Best quality by far. I have had two pair. Most comfortable and best buckles. I have a pair of size 12's in Black that have less than thirty miles on them in dry conditions , as close to new condition as possible. Had to get size 11. $100 + shipping. 

Thanks but I’m size 10, which is apparently what the majority of people are in theUS since I can hardly fine my size available 

12 minutes ago, Dirtandsurf said:

Thanks but I’m size 10, which is apparently what the majority of people are in theUS since I can hardly fine my size available 

I got a pair of Gaerne GX-1 boots for Christmas. I love them! Great fit, quality build, they break in well, and offer great support for me. 

My son race several year using the Gaerne SG boots and loved them. A sponsorship deal forced him to shelf the Gaerne, but he said they were much more comfortable than the boots he got in his sponsorship. Gaerne is quality.

I ordered the Gaerne Gx-1, I was set to get the forma terrain but I read a review that the hinge can blow out so I figured, until I can afford to get a really good hinge boot, I’m gonna go with the sure thing.

• Like 1

Watch closeouts at all the major online sources. 2 years ago I picked up a pair of Gaerne G3 react for $200. great upgrade from the cheap Oniell's. Honestly as far as protection goes, the O'niells were ok, just couldn't shift or brake well in them.

I've been wearing Gearne GX-1's for two seasons now.  I finally had a clip fall off.

I have a pair of last season's Fox Comp 5's (I think it's their lowest tier boot), and I love them. I have ~12 hours of ride time on them now, so I think just long enough to have a working opinion on them. First, they needed no break in. Completely comfortable out of the box. They seem to be holding up well. Only complaint, is the same spot on both boots (inside of the leg, just above the ankle) is a spot where the hard rubber/plastic guard ends, and the soft leather/pleather begins. on the first ride, I wore a small hole in the pleather, on both boots. It hasn't gotten any worse at least. Overall, I think they're a great boot for the money. ($170 IIRC). 

I've had a pair of Fox Comp 5 boots for the past 3 seasons-ish, I race hare scrambles and ride track as well, and just today I finally got a new pair (Got Astars Tech 7s). I can only speak from my experience but they were comfortable straight out of the box and zero break in time needed. Only thing I would say is Loctite the buckle screws and go grab a handful of your favorite bike. Cheap and great boots IMO. Hope the ones you got work out for you.

Thanks for all the replies, I ordered the Gaerne GX-1 last night and I’m pretty excited to try them out. I’ll post a little review when I break them in. I’m feeling a little relieved as I am learning how to ride harder and was starting to feel naked in my old msr boots.

On a related note, part of the reason I ordered them was because of reviews I watched online, particularly from Atomic-Moto. They’re not paying me or anything to say this, just felt compelled because of the good experience. I thought they did a great job on their videos spelling out the features and downsides of their boots, even doing comparisons. I think they were relatively upfront(as much as they can be)  and they seemed to believe in the products they sell. I left a note in the comment box saying so and today they fellow in the video called me and left a message saying that he appreciated the comment and if I ever had any boot questions, to not hesitate and call. Good service, going the extra mile instead of just taking money. I would recommend them if you need a boot but have lots of questions and don’t have a good store near like me.

CEAF2651-26BF-442A-8BCB-7BD57CF44547.jpeg

• Like 1

I know you went with the Gaernes, but thought I’d post for others.
You can get the Forma boots from the US distributor in Las Vegas Nevada.
The distributor was really good to work with when I picked up my boots.
Here’s a pair of white Terrain TX’s size 10 for reference.
https://www.formabootsusa.com/collections/off-road-boots/products/terrain-tx-white?variant=1241256843