2002 cr125 won’t find neutral .

Hey guys I just got done rebuilding my 2002 125 brand new bottom and top end. The bike wants to shift gears but will not find neutral. It just keeps going into gear. The ratchet and what not seems to be installed correctly. The trans moved freely. It just won’t grab neutral.

1 minute ago, hondacr125sam said:

Hey guys I just got done rebuilding my 2002 125 brand new bottom and top end. The bike wants to shift gears but will not find neutral. It just keeps going into gear. The ratchet and what not seems to be installed correctly. The trans moved freely. It just won’t grab neutral.

It sounds like the gear shift linkage is not put in correct. Is your shift paws in correctly as well?

It sounds like the gear shift linkage is not put in correct. Is your shift paws in correctly as well?

As far as I know yes. I followed the manuals directions. The ratchet paw I know is 100% right. It like slips back into gear I don’t know if there is a adjustment that could be made in it.

6 minutes ago, hondacr125sam said:

As far as I know yes. I followed the manuals directions. The ratchet paw I know is 100% right. It like slips back into gear I don’t know if there is a adjustment that could be made in it.

This may help out check out 9-16 to 9-17

http://users.telenet.be/mbxtreme/10108462-Honda_Cr125r_Service_Repair_Manual_2000-2003_Cr125.pdf