1986 Tt600 engine swap

I am new to this but I was wondering if it was possible to put a smaller motor into a 1986 Yamaha tt600, getting parts for this thing is getting ridiculous and I thought maybe I could put a different motor in it that’s easier to get parts for?

Possible?

Sure it's possible, as long as you know how to do such a thing.

However, the only engine that will bolt in place as if it were made for it is the engine you already have.

Curious to know exactly what you mean by having trouble getting parts.

Do you mean the Yamaha dealers are telling you parts are discontinued and no longer available to order, or are they too expensive, or what?

Possible?
Sure it's possible, as long as you know how to do such a thing.
However, the only engine that will bolt in place as if it were made for it is the engine you already have.
Curious to know exactly what you mean by having trouble getting parts.
Do you mean the Yamaha dealers are telling you parts are discontinued and no longer available to order, or are they too expensive, or what?

Yes they are telling me parts are discontinued, found the choke plunger assembly I needed on eBay after a long search and it was the last one up so I paid a bit much for it but I needed it..

The logical thing to do it to sell the TT600 for whatever you can get  and eventually buy a much newer motorcycle where parts availability won't be that much of a problem.