1985 Honda 200x

I just bought a 200x and was wondering if the front brakes or rear brakes off my xr250r would fit. The 200x has no front or rear brakes

35B2FD16-C140-4E8E-BE6D-6FDEE3C84F91.jpeg

What do you mean by no brakes - i can see brakes in the pic

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, S.O.A.N.Z said:

What do you mean by no brakes - i can see brakes in the pic

I had to take the brakes off cause both the levers were both froze up I still have the parts but instead of messing with them was wondering if the xr would be able to swap over

Read up over at 3 wheeler world. What parts are damaged? It's not terribly hard to make the master cylinders off something else work. Calipers are a little more work.

xr caliper holes are probably different - heaps of 200x brakes on ebay

If your master cylinder is froze up, you might be able to buy a rebuild kit. 

It's probably sat outside and brakes unused for a good while and rusted/corroded up. You might have trouble getting a rebuild kit though. 

If the caliper is still good, you could use pretty much any master cylinder. If the connections on the brake line don't match up, your local hose shop could build you a hose with the proper fittings.

Not a bad looking 200x, I have an '85 as well. Did someone plumb in some kind of oil cooler on that one? Wondering what the lines coming out of the clutch cover are. I'd strip that ugly ass blue paint off the fork tubes, turn the handlebars back down where they're useable, and get after it!

On 10/19/2018 at 12:01 PM, Daniel627 said:

If your master cylinder is froze up, you might be able to buy a rebuild kit. 

It's probably sat outside and brakes unused for a good while and rusted/corroded up. You might have trouble getting a rebuild kit though. 

If the caliper is still good, you could use pretty much any master cylinder. If the connections on the brake line don't match up, your local hose shop could build you a hose with the proper fittings.

Not a bad looking 200x, I have an '85 as well. Did someone plumb in some kind of oil cooler on that one? Wondering what the lines coming out of the clutch cover are. I'd strip that ugly ass blue paint off the fork tubes, turn the handlebars back down where they're useable, and get after it!

Yes someone put a cooler on it and thanks for the advice. And thanks I love this thing