Tt600 engine swap

New to this stuff but I was wondering can I put a smaller engine that has more readily available parts in instead of my 600? It’s freaking hard to get parts when the parts are discontinued and if you can find them they are triple the price.. I’m guessing it can’t be done but I didn’t know who else to ask.

Anything's possible if you possess a cutting torch, welder and talent. As far as a bolt-in engine--nothing.

What parts are you having problems finding?

I have found parts for both my TT and XT600 to be fairly easy to obtain. In fact, way easier than my old 2001 KTM 640E.

• Like 1

New to this stuff but I was wondering can I put a smaller engine that has more readily available parts in instead of my 600? It’s freaking hard to get parts when the parts are discontinued and if you can find them they are triple the price.. I’m guessing it can’t be done but I didn’t know who else to ask.

eBay? I have a xt350 I’ve found every thing there or sites online

Anything's possible if you possess a cutting torch, welder and talent. As far as a bolt-in engine--nothing.
What parts are you having problems finding?
I have found parts for both my TT and XT600 to be fairly easy to obtain. In fact, way easier than my old 2001 KTM 640E.

Yeah the dealer keeps saying parts are discontinued..

eBay? I have a xt350 I’ve found every thing there or sites online

Yeah eBay was the only place I could find it but if you know of better places I would love to know them for sure cause I’m about to sell it for a big loss.. I’d like to just ride it but I’m afraid once I blow it up I won’t be able to fix it

54 minutes ago, Semonster15 said:

Yeah eBay was the only place I could find it but if you know of better places I would love to know them for sure cause I’m about to sell it for a big loss.. I’d like to just ride it but I’m afraid once I blow it up I won’t be able to fix it

I’m afraid once I blow it up I won’t be able to fix it" why are you Expecting it to blow up?

• Like 1

Some countries also had a 400cc motor which sold alongside the 600.

Smaller, yes, but a bit gutless and probably not  supported by dealers either.

There's still a ton of parts available for old thumpers,, its just a matter of 

looking in the right places and talking to the right people.  TTalk is a damn good start!

3 hours ago, Muzz67 said:

Some countries also had a 400cc motor which sold alongside the 600.

Smaller, yes, but a bit gutless and probably not  supported by dealers either.

There's still a ton of parts available for old thumpers,, its just a matter of 

looking in the right places and talking to the right people.  TTalk is a damn good start!

XT400? Don't think so. 350 yes and great motor except 4 the carb!