Stock frame guards

I noticed today I wore a whole in the stock frame guard( 60 hours on the 15 250rr). Never seen this before. Guess it's a good excuse to get the extended acerbis guards. Wish I caught it before the frame rub 20181017_154120.thumb.jpeg.338e3f6bfdec04c5f6dacaacff950d8b.jpeg

1 minute ago, Carlos Thomas said:

Is that from laying the bike down or your boots?

Ouch! No it was from my boots - I squeeze the bike quite aggressively. Although I will admit it takes dirt naps on a regular basis!

3 hours ago, EnduroPNW said:

I noticed today I wore a whole in the stock frame guard( 60 hours on the 15 250rr). Never seen this before. Guess it's a good excuse to get the extended acerbis guards. Wish I caught it before the frame rub 20181017_154120.thumb.jpeg.338e3f6bfdec04c5f6dacaacff950d8b.jpeg

I realized quickly that even the Acerbis frame gaurds would rub the frame themselves, my solution was to install the P3 adhesive guards and put the Acerbis on top of that, Pic related.
Hope it helps 

20180311_174148.jpg

You guys must have sand/ grit in where you ride. I never had those issues here on Oahu but on the big island the grit in the soil does damage like this. I have carbon fiber frame guards anyway so it doesn’t grind through anyway.

• Like 1

On 10/17/2018 at 10:01 PM, AtlasEnduro said:

I realized quickly that even the Acerbis frame gaurds would rub the frame themselves,

Thanks for the heads up; I'll use silicone glue.

• Like 1