2018 250xc tuning

Hey guys I was wondering if anyone had any input on some tuning tips. I bought this year in Sacramento in February so it was colder outside. I stored it during the summer . Drained all the gas in the carb and the tank before I stored it. It seems to have no power at the top end. Changed my main to a 480 and still didn’t do much. So I bought the jd kit. And honestly it runs like shit. Felt like I was getting closer with the stock jets. I haven’t changed clip position yet on the needle for the stock setup. I’m going to Hollister ohv in California next week and would like to have it running perfect. Any one out riding in Hollister and have any jet setup opinions. Thanks

Johnny,

On KYMTalk jetting forum there is a great post about the Mikuni. A guy says he got these mods and jetting specs from a buddy that works at Husky with Graham Jarvis mechanic. These are the specs and mods on Jarvis bike. If they work for him, they should work for you. 

Quote, "The drain bolt holes connect to the outer holes in the bowl. The drain plug has a groove filed in it to act as a feed. This all ensures a good fuel feed to the main jet, similarly for the plastic splash guard.

Brass pipe is bent up slightly and partially crimped closed. Helps eliminate wasteful spillage from the bowl."

Hopefully this helps. 

2_A7_F7559-4_DEC-476_E-_AFF2-782_B22_A27820.jpg

5_BA33_B43-_FF97-40_E1-9_DA6-2_B0_AD4371624.jpg

F629_D117-8992-40_D0-9_B5_B-2_EF7_E9_D0969_A.jpg

• Like 1

480 seems huge for the 250. I ran the 450 at 800' with the needle clip at position 2 (JD needle can't remember which one can look it up if you are interested) Bike ran clean through entire range.

Also run the over flow hose up over the carb, and lower the float! 

Edited by 7thirtyseven