Alta Motors shutting down?

56 minutes ago, 2strokenut said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_electric_vehicle

First practical electric vehicle- 1859

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_petroleum_industry_in_the_United_States

First oil well- 1858

Why do people act like electric vehicles are a new thing?

First buyout of electric vehicle patents by oil companies 1860.  

Edited by KaToomTime
  • Like 3

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_electric_vehicle
First practical electric vehicle- 1859
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_petroleum_industry_in_the_United_States
First oil well- 1858

Why do people act like electric vehicles are a new thing?

“New” and “commercialized” are different things. Don’t confuse invention date with manufacturing scale curve. Leonardo da Vinci drew pictures of helicopters. That didn’t help Sakorski bring them to market.
  • Like 1

With a ANCIENT Power Grid - NO plans to build NEW Power Plants (no Nuclear - Clean Coal) period the bureaucrats have spent a billion hours creating regulations out of thin air (like rogue dictators) no Congress required.

They can't even keep the power STABLE right now, it is a failing power infrastructure and they are going to put tens of millions of electric machines charging on it???? All it takes is a few outages and the entire section of it is down.

The insanity of this is beyond any comprehension, then I guess they expect FOOD production to be created from thin-air as well. If they want to build electric bikes sure go for it, but ON their own money (not getting TAX money) like the other failing Electric cars (all subsidized and YOU pay for it)...

So you have already BOUGHT and PAID for pieces of this, yet you don't have it, to me that is morally and ethically wrong (but I guess bureaucrats/regulation creators who are NOT voted in have the right to do anything they wan). It sure seems that way...

• Like 1

This Cycleworld article spells it out - 
https://www.cycleworld.com/alta-motors-ceases-operations

Cycle World has confirmed with multiple sources that Alta Motors has ceased operations. Employees were notified October 17 that as of 5 p.m. they were no longer employed. This comes on the heels of an announcement in August that Harley-Davidson had pulled out of investment in the company to partner in further electric motorcycle development.

On 10/18/2018 at 2:58 PM, shrubitup said:

A few tens of thousands of miles of transmission lines would help but aren’t built because they’re an eyesore and fought by nimby. Can’t build pipelines because they might blow up or leak so everything goes by Rail and truck - the 1940s level of efficiency. Can’t deliver bulk electricity by truck or rail lol.

The environmentalist will prevent any NEW power plants nuclear/clean coal to be built. Thankfully we got a USA first guy in office and has been getting rid of the previous disaster left behind.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ar2stroke said:

With a ANCIENT Power Grid - NO plans to build NEW Power Plants (no Nuclear - Clean Coal) period the bureaucrats have spent a billion hours creating regulations out of thin air (like rogue dictators) no Congress required.

They can't even keep the power STABLE right now, it is a failing power infrastructure and they are going to put tens of millions of electric machines charging on it???? All it takes is a few outages and the entire section of it is down.

The insanity of this is beyond any comprehension, then I guess they expect FOOD production to be created from thin-air as well. If they want to build electric bikes sure go for it, but ON their own money (not getting TAX money) like the other failing Electric cars (all subsidized and YOU pay for it)...

So you have already BOUGHT and PAID for pieces of this, yet you don't have it, to me that is morally and ethically wrong (but I guess bureaucrats/regulation creators who are NOT voted in have the right to do anything they wan). It sure seems that way...

There are new power plants being built many of them fueled with Natural Gas which it pretty abundant and fairly clean. I have never seen clean coal except as the figment of the imagination.

https://www.powermag.com/future-looks-bright-for-gas-fired-generation/

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MindBlower said:

WTH are you talking about?

The whole 'commie red' - oh I mean the 'green' funded in the HUNDREDS of BILLIONS - TRILLION of dollars by tax payers. There is a reason that has stopped now, as those idiotic schemes by the predecessor guy have been canceled. Sharing of Scacity the earth is going to end mantra repeated by the corporate paid MEDIA by the people who live in mansions, have HUGE private jets and gas/electric bills of a small town. The hypocrisy is off the charts...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ar2stroke said:

The whole 'commie red' - oh I mean the 'green' funded in the HUNDREDS of BILLIONS - TRILLION of dollars by tax payers. There is a reason that has stopped now, as those idiotic schemes by the predecessor guy have been canceled. Sharing of Scacity the earth is going to end mantra repeated by the corporate paid MEDIA by the people who live in mansions, have HUGE private jets and gas/electric bills of a small town. The hypocrisy is off the charts...

edit:  Ahh, a trumpie.  Nuff said.  

Edited by MindBlower
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, MindBlower said:

You are truly an idiot. 

Ah the true approach attaching a label, I think we see that in the mass media as well. 

Don't believe in any of the boogeyman Co2 is going to end the world. I would love to know how you think FOOD production happens when they make claims of NOT using OIL that is a naturally occurring substance. 

Anyways, the reason why our NEW Leader got elected was because there is MORE of us than the pocket of insanity who says putting up solar panels and burning CORN as a fuel is a genius move. 

• Like 1

That’s a shame. Even if you weren’t a fan of electric bikes it doesn’t mean it’s good to see them go. That was your only shot at an American dirt bike too(brand new).

im a 2 stroke person but I’d like to to see Alta back in production.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RawbW said:

That’s a shame. Even if you weren’t a fan of electric bikes it doesn’t mean it’s good to see them go. That was your only shot at an American dirt bike too(brand new).

im a 2 stroke person but I’d like to to see Alta back in production.

Let the FREE markets decide, the problem is the Gov was shelling out tens of billions in the prior regime pushing all of this. IF a company wants to spend it own money sure. But the Gov needs to stay out of the business period.

OIL Is naturally occurring substance. However the minute someone comes up with some NEW energy source as I stated before SALT water. The oceans are drying up, got to TAX salt water (our environment will end) have to stop using it...  

Lastly, the entire BATTERY operated MYTH is a huge BUST and they know it. The power grid is FAILING and they do not even have parts and/or the ability to even build the power-station transformers they are built in GERMANY and take 1 to 2 years to build... 

The fact is they have NO intentions of rebuilding it much less any care/concern about it. The prior regime in there sure did not care they let the whole thing fall apart. They could have done this maintenance/upgrading easily (however) it appears open borders and trying to over through a duly elected new leader is the top priority.... 

PROBLEM would be solved with NEW Nuclear power plants (there is MILLIONS of acres of land where NO one lives) but the GOV in prior regime has listed them as protected.... They got rid of CLEAN COAL plants and the ONLY LEAD smelting plant in the entire USA... 

Then people want to talk about BATTERIES for all, good luck charging them when power goes out... HENCE the reason for drilling for OUR OWN OIL and being INDEPENDENT ON OUR OWN ENERGY... 

http://theconversation.com/the-old-dirty-creaky-us-electric-grid-would-cost-5-trillion-to-replace-where-should-infrastructure-spending-go-68290

• Like 1

Here is the problem with the transmission lines....

http://theconversation.com/the-old-dirty-creaky-us-electric-grid-would-cost-5-trillion-to-replace-where-should-infrastructure-spending-go-68290

--> Expanding transmission lines to areas of the country that have good wind and solar resources can bring very low-cost power to users. The problem is that these areas are not always where the people are, so to bring this power to the people, we need a strong transmission network.

The GOV has labeled VAST amounts of land to be protected prior regime.

GET rid of the NON-Constitutional regulations and one could have PLENTY of options. UNTIL that happens we will be just like this going no where fast.

“Clean coal” is a marketing ploy by the coal mining industry. No one from the future would travel back and tell us, “Thank goodness you all kept coal going longer.”

Nuclear, however, does make sense. About 1 million people per year die of resparatory diseases related to the burning of fossil fuels, yet only about 7 people die per year in the nuclear power industry, most of those in uranium mining accidents. Yet a &%$#@!ushima (ThumperTalk keeps changing the first part of that word) type accident garners widespread panic whereas all those people dying in hospitals around the world from bad air goes unnoticed. And no, don’t build nuclear power plants on the coastline in areas at risk of tsunami!

• Like 1