cjjeepercreeper

newmexico The Aztec MX track is back

A couple guys formed an LLC and negotiated with the city of Aztec and now have a contract for next year to run the track after being down for several years.  The contract actually starts next month, but they are having a practice day on the newly groomed track 10/27-28.  $20 for one day, $35 for 2 days.  Finally, MX back on a really nice track (when it is groomed).  They are in the process of figuring out sanctioning and stuff like that.  The funds from the practice day are going to help with that.

• Like 2

Closed next weekend.  They are tearing the old layout down and building a completely new layout. :thumbsup:  The current one has to be 5 or 6 years old.

14 minutes ago, cjjeepercreeper said:

Closed next weekend.  They are tearing the old layout down and building a completely new layout. :thumbsup:  The current one has to be 5 or 6 years old.

Try more like 15-16

4 minutes ago, TeamGreenPilot said:

Try more like 15-16

I guess it was modified a few years ago but the same basic layout remained, that's why I said only 5 or so.  I had this discussion with J last night and he reminded me of the work that was done right around the time that kid got hurt real bad.  There was that big step up up the hill that had 2 lines, the epic step up or one to the right.

Edited by cjjeepercreeper

We went by there yesterday.  2 dozers and 2 loaders were busy at work changing the layout.  New triple, S turn and some new step ups and step downs are in the works according to TGP who talked to one of the promoters the other day.  Should be interesting, the new step up after the big table top looked nice.

My sons went and rode it yesterday, they were the first ones on it.  Their impressions were:

The new step up is really BIG.  Kind of scary, you approach this huge thing and can't see what is above.  But fun.  No triple, just a double that has about a 25 ft. gap.  The way you approach and hit the roller table before the old step up has changed.  They added a lip to it..  They changed the ski jump on the north end, its much bigger and has a table landing.  The new step up approach is 3rd wide open as fast as you can come out of the corner and wide open to the top.  There are also 2 sets of new s turns.