CRF450L Tail Tidy

38 minutes ago, SitDownPro said:

Including the dedicated license plate light? They are "required" by law.

Nope, brake light stays on dimly all the time and illuminates it fairly well, but I did consider that the DOT probably wants a clear lens or bulb there.  I rarely ride at night, but in the future I'll likely either be adding a little waterproof LED attached to the now available 12v plug in the fender that the stock unit used, or replace the brake light lens with one that has a clear section of lens on the bottom portion (when the aftermarket catches up and offers one).

The standard practice of just replacing the whole taillight module with one that offers the clear lens will be tricky on these bikes, because it's integrated into the whole lower (inner) fender.  That's why I'm hoping to replace 'just' the lens in the future.

-Rich H.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NetMagi said:

Nope, brake light stays on dimly all the time and illuminates it fairly well, but I did consider that the DOT probably wants a clear lens or bulb there.  I rarely ride at night, but in the future I'll likely either be adding a little waterproof LED attached to the now available 12v plug in the fender that the stock unit used, or replace the brake light lens with one that has a clear section of lens on the bottom portion (when the aftermarket catches up and offers one).

The standard practice of just replacing the whole taillight module with one that offers the clear lens will be tricky on these bikes, because it's integrated into the whole lower (inner) fender.  That's why I'm hoping to replace 'just' the lens in the future.

-Rich H.

https://youtu.be/184d3Gj2ZPc

Waiting to compare both of your methods for the OEM tail light mod. Maybe you can get an LED strip like he put in.