2019 KTM 350 EXC-F power mods

Hello! I have just bought a 2019 KTM 350 EXC-F and have ridden it twice now. I like it a lot but coming off of a 450 I wish the 350 engine had a liiiiiiiitle more git-up-n-go-get-em. Any recommendations on what I can do to get a little more ponies out of this guy? I'd rather not mess with the stuff that makes it street legal here in sunny California but I will if I must. Thank you in advance for any ideas you may have!

de-smog all the crap. get a FMF slip-on , skid plate , change gearing , XC-W taillight/fender combo , carbon pipe guard ,blinker/controls/relay delete , acerbis mirror (1) , larger fuel filter ,Reed Delete , quick turn throttle cam , steering damper and most important get the Vortex ! that should do it unless you add Tubliss for some sticky riding

• Like 1

Thank you for the replies! So far for upgrades I've done Skid plate / SRT radiator & back brake guards / bark busters / sicass tail light combo / Scott steering damper (That was some $ boyz & girlz) & removed the mirrors altogether. I'm hesitant to mess with the smog stuff until I find a shop manual or something online that tells me what all that stuff does. I mucked with some hoses and I choked it to the point where it stalled out in the single-track twisties. Any good brand recommendations for a fuel controller?

That's cool, the smog block off kit is only $50. I noticed too the Vortex replacement ECU is like $800... 😭...that one will have to wait I think...but a great idea, thank you! Keep 'em coming. I'll pull the reeds too, I read up on what that does (Just for sound apparently).

JD Tuner ~$200

There are a ton of threads on this very forum talking about the details of what you need to do.

I have an 18' 350 EXC-F and did the following:

- Blais Racing smog delete kit

- JD Power Surge tuner

- SXF muffler with Pro Moto Billet end cap (spark arrestor screen installed) --- not necessary, as you can just remove the 2 screens from the end cap on the stock muffler.

- Removed reed valve from intake housing

- Changed front sprocket from 14 to a 13 tooth

Bike runs awesome and is my favorite to date.  Has much more low end torque than my 16' 350 SXF and can now lug it around if needed in the tight technical single track.   

• Like 2

6 hours ago, StevetheSnake said:

I think @Jeff aka Bolt might have a Vortex for a better price. You can pm him. 

@hsjosh First thing sounds like someone is trying to overcharge you.   If you think speaking with someone that has set up dozens of modern KTMs & Husqvarnas with tuners or replacement ecus and all the rest feel free to pm me to pick my brain.

Happy to help with info to get you straight.

:worthy:

on my 17, I have done the "bare minimum" but I just rode about 200 miles of dual sport roads and single track/woods...bike worked awesome in each environment.  JD Jetting tuner from RMATV ($209), 9/16" ball bearing from ACE Hardware ($1), drilled out "salt shaker" end piece only (free).  I left everything else stock, haven't touched TPS or pulled off any smog equipment. Plugging the AIS system cut out the annoying pop on decel.  Happy riding!

Thanks for that cr_rider, you are the second person that's suggested this method. It was pointed out to me also with this method that it's simpler and easier to undo those changes if CA decides to smog test motorcycles in the future. Even with the changes it may still pass smog since you don't take out any of the smog stuff anyway.

On 10/19/2018 at 11:17 PM, Jeff aka Bolt said:

@hsjosh First thing sounds like someone is trying to overcharge you.   If you think speaking with someone that has set up dozens of modern KTMs & Husqvarnas with tuners or replacement ecus and all the rest feel free to pm me to pick my brain.

Happy to help with info to get you straight.

:worthy:

@Jeff aka Bolt   I just tried to message you, For some reason the TT system says that you cannot receive PM...  Whats up with that?

1 hour ago, kevvyd said:

@Jeff aka Bolt   I just tried to message you, For some reason the TT system says that you cannot receive PM...  Whats up with that?

Box is probably full again.  760-8l3-l52l

• Helpful 1

8 minutes ago, Jeff aka Bolt said:

Box is probably full again.  760-8l3-l52l

I lightened the load. :worthy:

• Like 1