300RR sputtering

My 2018 300RR is sputtering on high RPM. It is hard to explain but I'll try. I get on the gas on second gear, after a while engine gets on the pipe but after a very short time on the pipe it starts doing something like a combination of rev limiting and sputtering. If I roll back on the throttle and get on, sometimes it will rev out the pipe properly. 

My Power valve is screwed in half way from flush, the bike is stock jetting. Is this how the power valve limits the power of the bike? Or is it a jetting issue?

20 minutes ago, digitalzombie said:

My 2018 300RR is sputtering on high RPM. It is hard to explain but I'll try. I get on the gas on second gear, after a while engine gets on the pipe but after a very short time on the pipe it starts doing something like a combination of rev limiting and sputtering. If I roll back on the throttle and get on, sometimes it will rev out the pipe properly. 

My Power valve is screwed in half way from flush, the bike is stock jetting. Is this how the power valve limits the power of the bike? Or is it a jetting issue?

Have you tried a new plug?

6 minutes ago, digitalzombie said:

ahh, I have a good amount of goop (spooge) coming off the silencer as well, to the point that it pretty much drips on to the swingarm. Will this lessen that as well?

Yes it will. Tune air screw and pilot jet though too (secondary spooge maker to the needle). 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...