Ee brake switch issue on my ktm 05 450exc

I’m putting on a ee brake switch on my 05 450exc and I got to the point where it says to route the wire through a hole in the airbox. Must be for a newer model as my air box doesn’t seem to have any hole in it besides a drain in the bottom that would run the wires right over the air filter. Anyone else encounter this issue and what did you do? I was just gonna figure out another way to route it around the airbox...

If I recall correctly mine ran over the top of the air box and under the subframe. Similar to on my 2010 EXC

11 hours ago, KTMForecon said:

If I recall correctly mine ran over the top of the air box and under the subframe. Similar to on my 2010 EXC

Yes, same on my 450

2 minutes ago, KTMForecon said:

020622-M-4779G-100.jpg020622-M-4779G-100.jpg020622-M-4779G-100.jpg020622-M-4779G-100.jpg020622-M-4779G-100.jpg

Here are some photo of the routing of my brake wiring.

That’s pretty similar to what I did, ran it up. Along the left side frame around the front of the air box and up through the sub into the top, my plug is down low like that too, should I be concerned about how exposed it is to water?

Try routing up the right side frame angle welded to the backbone and see if that gets the connection further out of the dirt.

2 hours ago, Burnrider said:

Try routing up the right side frame angle welded to the backbone and see if that gets the connection further out of the dirt.

Right now my plug is about at the level of the carb bowl, do you think that your routing gets it much higher?

Checked it and I'm no higher than that. You can use a di-electric grease in the connection and tape it, or use heat shrink, We get a fair amount of creek crossings and I just use the DE grease.

1 hour ago, Burnrider said:

Checked it and I'm no higher than that. You can use a di-electric grease in the connection and tape it, or use heat shrink, We get a fair amount of creek crossings and I just use the DE grease.

Thanks for the help, I guess if the plugs ever goes, I could just snip it and put on a waterproof connection. I’m gonna try and find some decent heat shrink for it first

6 hours ago, Dirtandsurf said:

Thanks for the help, I guess if the plugs ever goes, I could just snip it and put on a waterproof connection. I’m gonna try and find some decent heat shrink for it first

They make heat shrink with built in adhesive type stuff.  That may do the trick.

• Like 1

If you look at the second photo my plug is right by the back of the carb. The wires are then routed up the left side of the frame and then through a slot at the top of the air box.

I’ve never had a issue with the plug. This is my third KTM EXC. All had or have the same routing and plug.