Am I missing anything?

Hey TT! I wanted to show off my fresh bike, and was wondering if I should buy anything else... I've got fresh tires sitting in my garage, so don't say anything about that. Fresh engine, fresh everything! Let me know if I'm missing anything, thanks.

IMG_0183.jpg

IMG_0182.jpg

• Like 1

A few things I feel are lacking:

1.) Suspension, if I attempt a small hill or jump, I will literally jump 2 feet off my seat and almost go over the handlebars... also the front forks are leaking.

2.) I also hate how my clutch and ignition covers are looking, I'd love to purchase some Boyesen covers.

3.) Since we're talking about Boyesen, I'd love to throw on some reeds. Which one's should I get? Won't they go over the stock valve?

if you're bouncing 2 feet off the seat, skip the suspension, and buy some grab handles for superman's :D

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Either your rebound is way too high, or you're not "grabbing" the bike with your legs.

CR brake line

CRF front master

CRF front caliper

Loop carb vent lines

Jetting

V Force reeds

Grease all bearings

Suspension rebuild

Hour meter

MX track

• Like 6

Chdck into setting the sag correctly . Put your clickers at 11 out each one. Bleed your brakes.  Do you have any pre sag?

In my opinion, suspension comes before any of the cosmetic stuff :thumbsup:

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Goon Rides said:

A few things I feel are lacking:

1.) Suspension, if I attempt a small hill or jump, I will literally jump 2 feet off my seat and almost go over the handlebars... also the front forks are leaking.

2.) I also hate how my clutch and ignition covers are looking, I'd love to purchase some Boyesen covers.

3.) Since we're talking about Boyesen, I'd love to throw on some reeds. Which one's should I get? Won't they go over the stock valve?

Really nice looking bike - but you perhaps should think about the priorities. Don't care for covers or even new reed valves, if they still work. I would have forks and shock serviced by a well known tuner. While the suspension is getting done, check / grease / renew steering bearings, same goes for swingarm, linkage and wheel bearings. Change brake fluids, bleed them. Put on new cables for clutch and (most important) throttle. Maybe get a new throttle grip, if the old one doesn't run smooth. 

Edit: Maybe put in a new piston, too. Check cylinder and squish band. I just wonder: You say everything is new on your bike but the forks leak? Strange... Did you buy the bike as it is?

It is all about the small things. 

Edited by yo_eddie

19 hours ago, smirmeister said:

Either your rebound is way too high, or you're not "grabbing" the bike with your legs.

I hold the tank with my knees, rebound is fine... it should be the suspension

8 hours ago, yo_eddie said:

Really nice looking bike - but you perhaps should think about the priorities. Don't care for covers or even new reed valves, if they still work. I would have forks and shock serviced by a well known tuner. While the suspension is getting done, check / grease / renew steering bearings, same goes for swingarm, linkage and wheel bearings. Change brake fluids, bleed them. Put on new cables for clutch and (most important) throttle. Maybe get a new throttle grip, if the old one doesn't run smooth. 

Edit: Maybe put in a new piston, too. Check cylinder and squish band. I just wonder: You say everything is new on your bike but the forks leak? Strange... Did you buy the bike as it is?

It is all about the small things. 

true true... I did this to the bike... the bike was horrible before.

19 hours ago, HansLanda said:

CR brake line

CRF front master

CRF front caliper

Loop carb vent lines

Jetting

V Force reeds

Grease all bearings

Suspension rebuild

Hour meter

MX track

I'd love to do the CR Brake lines. Throw on some lightspeed fork guards. What do you mean by loop the carb lines? Vforce is better than the Boyesen reeds? I will re-grase all the bearings when I rebuild the suspension, and put new tires (real soon). Suspension is what's holding me back from riding a track.

18 hours ago, Motox367 said:

Chdck into setting the sag correctly . Put your clickers at 11 out each one. Bleed your brakes.  Do you have any pre sag?

Sag won't help, the bike's shocks itself is too bouncy. What are clickers? What would bleeding the brakes do? They stop really good and real fast, although the pads are starting to wear. What's presag?

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, Tankslap said:

In my opinion, suspension comes before any of the cosmetic stuff :thumbsup:

Shoulda done it first, didn't think about it. I need to know if I am rebuilding it, servicing it, or revalving it. I think I am going to just service it, and put new parts if anything is wrong with it. Who services shocks? Like new oil, new nitrogen, inspection, etc. I'd also love to powder coat my spring blue.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Goon Rides said:

What do you mean by loop the carb lines? Vforce is better than the Boyesen reeds? 

Vent lines go over the carb, not straight down. Check the manual.
Yes, apparently.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, HansLanda said:

Vent lines go over the carb, not straight down. Check the manual.
Yes, apparently.

Oh, I've heard a lot of negative reviews about VForce... is it worth $140 or should I skip it?

I’ve seen this bike on way too many posts.

This. Just go ride it. I want to see how long that top end lasts.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Goon Rides said:

Sag won't help, the bike's shocks itself is too bouncy. What are clickers? What would bleeding the brakes do? They stop really good and real fast, although the pads are starting to wear. What's presag?

Ok if you say so 👍

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

50 minutes ago, gabe_k said:

This. Just go ride it. I want to see how long that top end lasts.

only got 5 hours in so far, It's an experiment 

17 minutes ago, Motox367 said:

Ok if you say so 👍

What are clickers? What would bleeding the brakes do? They stop really good and real fast, although the pads are starting to wear. What's presag?