Why no sticky for 14-17 mapping database ?

Any user donated database for the 14+ bikes anywhere ?

I see random ones on Google etc but really looking for tried and true mx maps

What year is your bike? After 14 it seems the stock mapping was pretty good. I used the MXA map on my 2014 before I rode it and I really like it.

The tuner instructions have some maps for different surfaces that Yamaha suggests. If you want to experiment with different tunes. I found the bike is powerful enough for my level of skill that I don’t need any changes. I’m also scared that I’d mess it up if I started to alter the mapping on my own. I would hope Yamaha made the tuner incapable of going too far lean so that reliability wouldn’t be compromised if someone was clueless. 

4 hours ago, Dklassen said:

The tuner instructions have some maps for different surfaces that Yamaha suggests. If you want to experiment with different tunes. I found the bike is powerful enough for my level of skill that I don’t need any changes. I’m also scared that I’d mess it up if I started to alter the mapping on my own. I would hope Yamaha made the tuner incapable of going too far lean so that reliability wouldn’t be compromised if someone was clueless. 

You have nothing to worry about. Try different tunes. You can always put it back to stock. 

On 10/18/2018 at 6:12 PM, wetneck said:

Any user donated database for the 14+ bikes anywhere ?

I see random ones on Google etc but really looking for tried and true mx maps

Go on yamahamotorsports website and look up the tuner they have maps posted.

Yea my bike runs awesome already, probably too well for my 53 yr old self and honestly if the changes are very subtle, I might not be able to know the difference anyway.

I sorta bought the tuner to see what was loaded, to get an understanding of the tunability and possibly fine tune it.