2011 kx 450 have a hard time starting

my 2011 kx 450 will take 5 to 6 kicks to start when cold and when its hot i have to bump start it unless when it stops on the compression side of it if I miss the compression stoke when out riding I can kick it all day long and won’t start tell cold unless bump started I had valves checked today and valves are good I’m very frustrated at this point and can not figure it out when running it runs awesome no lack of power no hesitation in throttle any input would be nice!

I had this problem on my 2009. It ended up being a bad temperature sensor. Also check your valves clearance to see if they are in spec. That cause hard starting also.

I had this problem on my 2009. It ended up being a bad temperature sensor. Also check your valves clearance to see if they are in spec. That cause hard starting also.

I had them checked yesterday and they are in speck

I had them checked yesterday and they are in speck

And how did you know it was your water temp sensor

I am having the same problem on my 08 right now i cant figure it out. Mine takes one kick to fire when cold ON CHOKE and when hot u could kick it till ur face is blue and it wont start. Mine backfires like crazy gunshots and stalls if u dont keep it going with gas.

what i have dont and got no results:

checked valve clearances

Cleaned carb

Checked compression

Checked for air leaks

Tuned and adjusted carb

Dont know what else it could be

And how did you know it was your water temp sensor
I did some research its a part that goes bad. And since it was having trouble starting at different temperatures it made sense. Its not 2 expensive of a part. It wouldnt hurt to try it. I do know how to test the old one its in the manual. You need to boil water submerge sensor and check the part with an ohm meter. I didnt feel doing all that. So i just replaced it and it worked.