Gaerne had amazing customer care recently with me, quick story

I bought a pair of SG 12's coming from Sidi Crossfires 2 SRS. About 20 hours into riding with Gaerne SG12's. I have a buckle come off. I realized pretty quickly that it had unscrewed from the back plate due to me not tightening them occasionally. I called Gaerne in California and spoke with a Paige who was unloading boxes because it was a like 830 am Monday and they had just come back from an event . She said she would need to call me back. 
At this point I am thinking damn I am going to have to call them again later and then feel all impatient like I am bothering them.
Well Paige calls me back no joke probably about 20 minutes later. In our conversation she realizes I am not a sponsored rider by them. Apparently I had somehow called the sponsor rider hotline. In my head I am thinking this is where she hangs up. NOPE.
She gets my info and writes me via email a super detailed step by step instruction on how to essentially operate on the boot so I can replace that back plate without damaging the working or protection portions of the boot. She also gives me full contact for a company they recommend if I don't feel comfortable with it. 

Honestly it was amazing customer care. I had a major issue/malfunction with my Sidi's which is why I swapped brands and I couldn't for the freaking life of me get a hold of anyone to give me repair direction. 

I ended up having to buy like a 2 dollar back-plate. Shipping was like 5 bucks or something no biggie. Get an email crediting me like approx 17 cents because shipping was cheaper because I live in the same state. It just showed someone cared even about 17 cents. 

Repaired the boot in about 2 minutes and it is as good as new. Remember to tighten screws :)

20181011_173306.jpg

Edited by AtlasEnduro
  • Like 3

Doesn't a story like yours warm your heart to know there are people who work for a company and represent them in a manner like Paige did! You should send Gaerne's head quarters office a letter of gratitude with Paige's name. People like her are far and few in between. Thanks for your story. I also was impressed! There's hope! 

• Like 4

Doesn't a story like yours warm your heart to know there are people who work for a company and represent them in a manner like Paige did! You should send Gaerne's head quarters office a letter of gratitude with Paige's name. People like her are far and few in between. Thanks for your story. I also was impressed! There's hope! 
I second that. She had no reason to continue helping you out but did anyway. That's going above and beyond - even if it's just a sales or service rep.
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, cjjeepercreeper said:

Maybe a little loctite on the screws?  I've never had a boot where I had to periodically tighten the screws.

It would help. They are apparently fully repairable so everything screws and unscrews. No lie though, the boots are like foot heaven with world class protection. 

I have had my sg12's for 2 years never touched any screws.... are the screws that loosened on the buckle?

8 minutes ago, TX-SANDMAN said:

I have had my sg12's for 2 years never touched any screws.... are the screws that loosened on the buckle?

LOL, but after this thread if I had a pair I'd be loctiting every screw on the boot.

2 hours ago, TX-SANDMAN said:

Yeah the lever/latch has 2 bolts that screw in to a back plate. 

I'm riding in my first pair of SG 10's came from Alpinestar, I don't think I will be going back awesome boot!

Thank you for sharing this with us.

I have a Gaerne Balance boot I use for recreational riding and one of the buckles is misaligned so that the ski boot style buckle doesn't lock down correctly. I've lived with it, and never bothered to call Gaerne because I have never had good luck with help lines.

I think I shall ask Gaerne for a fixing up kit.