Hey guys i recently picked up a 1983 cr80r I stripped the whole bike down to the frame to find a couple of issues but when i went online to find parts i needed i looked at plastics and couldn't find anything anywhere i want them to be Nos OEM or a very close replica wondering if anyone knows where i could source some from.

The only new plastic you're going to find are the ones made by DC Plastic. There hit and miss on quality and normally a miss. Best bet is to buy the nicest used oem of eBay and refinish them. Sand and polish. 

I had an 83 cr80 as a play bike back in the early 90s. Fun little bike.

4 hours ago, GreenMT_Rider said:

The only new plastic you're going to find are the ones made by DC Plastic. There hit and miss on quality and normally a miss. Best bet is to buy the nicest used oem of eBay and refinish them. Sand and polish. 

yeah i have tried that already we all way to 2000 grit but they are to sctrached, then i heated up with a propane torch still nothing special im kind of fussy when it comes to little things especially on dirtbikes :)

yes for a tiny bike they get up and go haha

4 hours ago, GreenMT_Rider said:

it weird cause i have a mint 1983 xr80 and put mayer plastics on it dont know why they wouldn't have same year CR

Edited by 2strkPINGAS

UPDATE after searching vintage mx plastics for sale i stumbled across this website further down it features heaps of plastics (brands searchable in the one website thanks guys 

http://www.ebaystores.com.au/MDRacingProducts/Honda-MX-Plastic-Kits-/_i.html?rt=nc&_fsub=4762592014&_sacat=MDRacingProducts&_sid=894230854&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1513&_pgn=6

Edited by 2strkPINGAS
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, 2strkPINGAS said:

UPDATE after searching vintage mx plastics for sale i stumbled across this website further down it features heaps of plastics (brands searchable in the one website thanks guys 

http://www.ebaystores.com.au/MDRacingProducts/Honda-MX-Plastic-Kits-/_i.html?rt=nc&_fsub=4762592014&_sacat=MDRacingProducts&_sid=894230854&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1513&_pgn=6

couldn't find anything at all yet for this bike CR80r 1983

Edited by 2strkPINGAS

9 minutes ago, 2strkPINGAS said:

i suppose i will have to go with them they they look to have a few imperfections that look different from OEM plastics like holes in side panels aren't cut through

Yea well you can try to match up the holes as best you can..or keep looking.. sometimes in the vintage groups got guys selling good shape or old new stock that they had stashed on the side. Search around on Facebook and ask some vintage groups if you can join. I’m in a couple as I have an old husky 82 430 cr that I keep a lookout for certain goodies. I was amazed as there are sources for stuff on Facebook that isn’t easily found online.

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

Just now, hawaiidirtrider said:

Yea well you can try to match up the holes as best you can..or keep looking.. sometimes in the vintage groups got guys selling good shape or old new stock that they had stashed on the side. Search around on Facebook and ask some vintage groups if you can join. I’m in a couple as I have an old husky 82 430 cr that I keep a lookout for certain goodies.

yeah ill try to find some groups mate if locally just pickup or international and ship ill have a look now thanks

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 2strkPINGAS said:

yeah ill try to find some groups mate if locally just pickup or international and ship ill have a look now thanks

Yea in the groups you can find out deals or good info on what is good and what isn’t. Sometimes you think something is good but others have bad experiences for example. 

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
  • Helpful 1

11 hours ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

Yea in the groups you can find out deals or good info on what is good and what isn’t. Sometimes you think something is good but others have bad experiences for example. 

yeah ill ask them before i go waisting money better off paying a bit more to get better quality the first time

• Like 1