2018 YZ250 FX Charity Raffle

9 Tickets Remaining, today is the last day to buy tickets! 

NEW EDIT: Tickets are still available, but time is running out! Another great sponsor, Cycra, has committed a complete powerflo plastic kit for the bike, which is exactly how we specced them for the Grizzly Peak team. With the plastics, seat, and clutch, this is a tremendous value!!! Help me sell out the tickets by SHARING THIS POST AND AUTOMATICALLY BE ENTERED TO WIN A PAIR OF SCOTT PROSPECT GOGGLES!

EDIT: thanks to our awesome sponsors, SeatConcepts and Rekluse, they are ach kicking in for the raffle. Seatconcepts will donate a complete competition seat in the color of your choice, and rekluse is throwing in a brand new torq drive clutch pack! 

October is Down Syndrome Awareness month. Many developmentally disabled programs are horribly underfunded currently. 

I have decided to raffle off one of our race bikes from the Grizzly Peak Racing Yamaha team. Proceeds from the raffle will be split up between local children’s developmentally disabled programs and National Down Syndrome Society. This was Anthony Federico’s race bike for the first half of the GNCC season. 

PLEASE SHARE THIS POST AS ALL TICKETS NEED TO BE SOLD TO HELP THESE CHARITY PROGRAMS

TO BUY TICKETS:

DM here and I will send a paypal link. I can try to arrange other payment if you can’t set up paypal. Tickets are $100. I cannot offer free tickets as I want the money to go to charity, but if you buy 4 tickets, I’ll personally buy the 5th and put your name on it. 

Only 60 tickets will be sold. Tickets will be sold until 11:59PM MST Oct 19.

I will have a live drawing October 20 at 6pm MST. The winner will have until Midnight on the 23rd to claim. Otherwise will re-draw. 

Bike can be delivered to Ironman GNCC or picked up in South Carolina. I can arrange shipping for $300 if preferred. 

Stay tuned as many of our sponsors will be contributing to the raffle as well. 

—- About the Bike —-

2018 YZ 250FX

It has break in time and nine GNCC races on it. I did not check the hours as it has a re-programmed ECU but I would say 40 is a close estimate. 

The bike has been meticulously maintained, and includes the following aftermarket parts:

Tag Metals T2 handlebars 999bend (includes new stock bars)

Works Connection clutch perch (includes new stock)

Akrapovic Evo ti exhaust system $1000 value! (includes new stock parts)

Pro Motion suspension sprung and valved for 155lb pro rider

Cycra stealth handguards (brand new)

Brand new TAG metals chain and sprockets

Works Connection AND Bulletproof Designs radiator guards and braces

New SXS skidplate and linkage guard and brand new stock skidplate

CV4 radiator hoses

Works connection engine plugs, guards, etc

Custom programmed ECU

Rekluse TorqDrive clutch (nearly new)

The following parts were removed when the bike was new and have been re-installed unused:

Seat, plastics, wheels, triple clamps, skidplate

6A2DDA8D-853E-4789-A9B8-FB815C07CC4D.jpeg

33BD5B41-A616-44ED-9FD0-2C553F209622.jpeg

CA42209C-7D4C-41A5-94EF-384F01DE42C9.jpeg

A0DA59B1-F7ED-4C76-A09B-0035DCEF087A.jpeg

1D35BDB8-1B66-4C48-94B5-2FE5A2669915.jpeg

• Like 1

Who exactly is putting this on? My Brother has Down-syndrome, so I would love to support the cause, but the paypal thing is a little weird. Can't find any more info from google. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, abj said:

Who exactly is putting this on? My Brother has Down-syndrome, so I would love to support the cause, but the paypal thing is a little weird. Can't find any more info from google. 

Yeah, I'd agree. I like to trust people, but  when you ask for money from strangers over the Internet there needs to be some legitimacy applied vs. "DM here and I will send a paypal link."

• Helpful 1

4 minutes ago, cjjeepercreeper said:

Yeah... instagram and youtube is not much of a presence. A couple of guys taking some pictures.

Where is the team HQ? The phone/mailing address? Where is the webpage about the charity? Race results? Team sponsors? TT has plenty of guys with more presence and also wanting to know if they can race missing sprocket teeth.

• Like 1

Well the other 51 tickets were sold somewhere. Only red flag for me is the really short notice. Triggers the fear of missing out.

Edited by joemc04

3 minutes ago, joemc04 said:

Well the other 51 tickets were sold somewhere

OK.  All that is being asked here is a little more info.  Up front this looks like a scam.  Does that mean the OP has now collected $5100 from suckers?  I hope not.

7 minutes ago, cjjeepercreeper said:

OK.  All that is being asked here is a little more info.  Up front this looks like a scam.  Does that mean the OP has now collected $5100 from suckers?  I hope not.

I was agreeing with you.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, joemc04 said:

Well the other 51 tickets were sold somewhere. Only red flag for me is the really short notice. Triggers the fear of missing out.

Maybe. No way to know anything here. Were 51 tickets really sold and they still had a few left over? Or are there 'only six left' in perpetuity? Is it a charity tax write off for the ticket buyers?

The OP has been on TT six years, a big plus as far as some legitimacy.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, William1 said:

The OP has been on TT six years, a big plus as far as some legitimacy.

Wow, 6 years and 54 posts.  He sure isn't a blabbermouth like me. :lol:

Just now, cjjeepercreeper said:

Wow, 6 years and 54 posts.  He sure isn't a blabbermouth like me. :lol:

Yeah, some of you guys just like seeing your self spout nonsense!

We have a bunch of members with few posts and have been 'on board' a long time. Some just read, use search and so on. It is really just a core group of a few hundred that actively contribute, it seems.

• Like 1

Wow, I am blown away by the level of skepticism here. I am Andrew Kane, the owner of the Grizzly Peak Yamaha team. We are based in Travelers Rest, SC alongside the factory yamaha team. I am sorry for the lack of web presence here. The raffle was supposed to just be a facebook raffle but I made a last minute post here to try to sell the last few tickets we have. 

100% of the money is being donated to charity, and it’s unbelievable  how everyone here is trying to throw shade on someone who is donating a $6000 motorcycle entirely for this cause. 

If anyone aould like a ticket we have 3 left, if not, take your skepticism elsewhere. 

I can provide 501c3 donation receipts for those who would like then once we make the final donations sto the organizations. 

Edited by Kane513

There are way too many scams on the internet nowadays.  People have a right to be skeptical, especially when you are talking $100 a ticket.

You appear to be legit and if I had an extra hundred I very possibly would have bought a ticket.  But, look at it from the other side and you will see where a lot of people are coming from on this.

And thanks for donating to a worthwhile cause.

• Like 1

Still 3 tickets left after our last count. Drawing on Facebook Live at 6pm MST

If you are not friends on FB, we will post the result of the raffle to the Grizzly Peak instagram page

FD7E8067-9695-4182-AC40-1E3E5EDC3A7B.jpeg

1 hour ago, JoeRC51 said:

Shouldn't there be doubles of each ticket ?

The tickets were all sold electronically, so only one copy is needed to go in the drawing. Everyone who donated got a paypal receipt and will recieve a donation receipt when we make the final donation 

• Like 1