Saturday 10/20/18 Juniper Ridge Ride at Gifford

@KaToomTime and @trishepard are joining me on a ride from Tongue Mtn up to Juniper and back around. We can probably have one or two more riders join us.

We are meeting tomorrow at Mt Adams Cafe at 9am for breakfast, on HWY 12 in Randle. 

This is not an Expert ride, but you'll need to be at least of Advanced skills. 

The forecast is quite remarkable... 78 degrees and sunny skies. Last day of summer boys!

25 minutes ago, TigerTanker said:

@KaToomTime and @trishepard are joining me on a ride from Tongue Mtn up to Juniper and back around. We can probably have one or two more riders join us.

We are meeting tomorrow at Mt Adams Cafe at 9am for breakfast, on HWY 12 in Randle. 

This is not an Expert ride, but you'll need to be at least of Advanced skills. 

The forecast is quite remarkable... 78 degrees and sunny skies. Last day of summer boys!

I am getting mid 60's high from NOAA / NWS for the mountains south of Randle. Going to be blue and sunny at any rate!

see you boys in the morning.

• Like 2

video it, i'll be headed up that way monday for a year end ride- and taking my 250cc bike this time! GP and 450's dont mix well

4 minutes ago, JRM said:

video it, i'll be headed up that way monday for a year end ride- and taking my 250cc bike this time! GP and 450's dont mix well

I’m on my 450 after blowing my 300 up the week before. A husky 450 is a fine machine...

yup. Going to film and take pics. 

We are going up tongue Mtn, juniper, down ??, up bishop and then down blue lake

Fun time today. Epic conditions on juniper ridge

Great company of pard, katoom, trishepard and  blue

811FBBFC-73F1-4148-89F6-758734803791.jpeg

EA984A01-864A-45E3-96A6-2710894ED1FD.jpeg

4DF76DE0-2DC6-45EE-B24E-47A1445212A9.jpeg

26E236DF-E41D-4899-BA7D-469B991A52DF.jpeg

• Like 4

Fun time today. Epic conditions on juniper ridge
Great company of pard, katoom, trishepard and  blue

811FBBFC-73F1-4148-89F6-758734803791.jpeg.1e45554eb2368e6491f0e7450db6b92c.jpeg
EA984A01-864A-45E3-96A6-2710894ED1FD.jpeg.a06861200ff364ee1d96bb2190e46c92.jpeg
4DF76DE0-2DC6-45EE-B24E-47A1445212A9.jpeg.8db012bfdb9b50e7a7433ae6676110ed.jpeg
26E236DF-E41D-4899-BA7D-469B991A52DF.thumb.jpeg.472aa929fc25bfd2147b39a19e3668e5.jpeg
Sweet!

Katoom looks like he is ready for battle!!  Which you guys probably did 

• Like 2

It was a lazy relaxed day with lots of good gnar. Going up tongue and the staircase is a pretty stout ride. I will have a nice vid of the day up eventually

Wow, I see that Dion was there ( now I know why you guys went UP the staircase ) as well as Doc Scott! 👍

Joe

• Like 3

Had nothing to do with it. I was along for the ride and a good ride it was.

• Like 2

Had nothing to do with it. I was along for the ride and a good ride it was.
Any first timers up devil's staircase who didn't enjoy it?

38 minutes ago, Yzfracer said:

Any first timers up devil's staircase who didn't enjoy it?

For everyone, it was the highlight of the trip. 

I videod the entire event and the footage of us at the Staircase is pretty hilarious. It includes my helmet deciding it wanted to go down the entire staircase back to the pond...  

16 minutes ago, TigerTanker said:

For everyone, it was the highlight of the trip. 

I videod the entire event and the footage of us at the Staircase is pretty hilarious. It includes my helmet deciding it wanted to go down the entire staircase back to the pond...  

That was certainly a highlight, but I would say that didn't top the beautiful views. Also, watching your helmet roll diwn the hill wondering how far it would go was right up there👏

• Like 1

Looks amazing guys, I'm bummed I could not make it out to this one. 

headed up to the blue lake trail head at 8am, where is the devil's staircase- we got our trusty light xr's and ready to check it out! Tiger, could title those pictures with locations?

That amazing lake view of Adams is at Taklakh lake off of rd 23. It’s at the boat launch of the campground. Truly incredible sight. 

Katoom is pictured just above Devils Staircase on the Juniper Ridge Trail. From that spot you can see every mountain. 

The group pic of us in the camp area is at the end of our trail ride by Council Lake 

This was Katooms first Giff visit. Surprising for such a good rider. He was all smiles the whole day. Blue had massive staircase anxiety, he couldn’t stop talking about it until we got there.  ... I was worried the staircase might channel his energy and grow taller!

There is also a nasty rock formation on Tongue Mtn that has grown nastier over the last two years. It also is in a sharp turn with the morning sun coming at us like a laser. Video of that too. Dion managed to attack and climb that one. 

The entire day from north going south is an upper body workout. Lots of roots and rocks. 

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1

Same spot as katoom with St. Helens. This is a pano of Rainier and Adams. 

Pics don’t do it any justice...

B12B199E-1ABB-4B15-BD60-737FB4EA86E8.jpeg.16284c2b8ffefc1ac9805040960f05c7.jpeg

• Like 1

I’m anxious to hear how today’s group did? Cougbike, hhey, blue and another were headed out there. 

Glad I went home. I had 300 miles on me from two days riding in 3 and I’m feeling old today...

I have issues with spirits of the other worlds. Something happened yesterday that was quite bizarre and incredible. But I’ll address it in my upcoming ride documentary. 

• Like 3