Boana programmable ECU available for all FI bikes

Found this today: 

Team Boano with the technicians GET has developed a new programmable ECU for Beta RR 4T EFI. The 
development has been designed to optimize and find the best potential of Betamotor 4T engine.
Currently GET units are available for the RR 350/390/430. GET Athena units for Beta are an exclusive 
BOANO RACE PARTS.
For each bike mappings have been developed for use with the standard exhaust or with a Racing Exhaust. 
Each unit has dual mapping: one map called "Power", were we have tried to get the maximum 
performance on the engine and the exhaust adopted, and a map with TRACTION CONTROL in position 5 of 
the 10 available. (The others are selectable purchasing the GPA Switch).
We have therefore have the following configurations:
- RR350 with STD Exhaust
- RR350 with Racing Exhaust (best development with Boano 4T Power)
- RR390 with STD Exhaust
- RR390 with Racing Exhaust (best development with Boano 4T Power)
- RR430 with STD Exhaust
- RR430 with Racing Exhaust (best development with Boano 4T Power)
In case you decide to buy an ECU with map for serial exhaust and then switch to a racing muffler, the same 
can be reprogrammed. All ECUs can be reprogrammed in case of change of capacity or different exhaust. 
All units have been developed to find the best performance of the series engine

The ECU kit include:
- CDI with support
- Double map switch
- Assembly instruction

Also available: 

APP GET FOR MOBILE AND TABLET
It is available a GET APP to download on the smartphone or tablet were the customer can change many 
different setting for personalize the ECU for his riding style and preference.

For connect the smartphone or tablet with the ECU you need to have the WIFICOM device available on our web site. 
(http://www.betaboano.com/cgi-bin/archivio/GET_WiFICOM_DEVICE_2114.asp ).

GPA SWITCH 
The SWITCH GPA is the accessory that allows you to select the position of the TRACTION CONTROL from 1 
to 10. The switch is installed on the front screw fixing the tank and can also be used without stopping. In 
each ECU is installed a map with traction control in position 5. This will allow you to personally test the 
effectiveness of this system.
You can find the SWITCH GPA on our site. (http://www.betaboano.com/cgi-
bin/archivio/GPA_SWITCH_CONTROLLO_DI_TRAZIONE_2115.asp)

• Like 1

Found this today: 
Team Boano with the technicians GET has developed a new programmable ECU for Beta RR 4T EFI. The 
development has been designed to optimize and find the best potential of Betamotor 4T engine.
Currently GET units are available for the RR 350/390/430. GET Athena units for Beta are an exclusive 
BOANO RACE PARTS.
For each bike mappings have been developed for use with the standard exhaust or with a Racing Exhaust. 
Each unit has dual mapping: one map called "Power", were we have tried to get the maximum 
performance on the engine and the exhaust adopted, and a map with TRACTION CONTROL in position 5 of 
- RR350 with STD Exhaust
- RR390 with STD Exhaust
- RR430 with STD Exhaust
In case you decide to buy an ECU with map for serial exhaust and then switch to a racing muffler, the same 
can be reprogrammed. All ECUs can be reprogrammed in case of change of capacity or different exhaust. 
The ECU kit include:
- CDI with support
- Double map switch
- Assembly instruction
Also available: 
It is available a GET APP to download on the smartphone or tablet were the customer can change many 
For connect the smartphone or tablet with the ECU you need to have the WIFICOM device available on our web site. 
GPA SWITCH 
The SWITCH GPA is the accessory that allows you to select the position of the TRACTION CONTROL from 1 
to 10. The switch is installed on the front screw fixing the tank and can also be used without stopping. In 
each ECU is installed a map with traction control in position 5. This will allow you to personally test the 

This has been an option for quite a while if I recall. Krannie knows a lot about these units
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ADVLite said:
7 minutes ago, firffighter said:
Found this today: 
BOANO RACE PARTS.
- RR350 with STD Exhaust
- RR390 with STD Exhaust
- RR430 with STD Exhaust
The ECU kit include:
- CDI with support
- Double map switch
- Assembly instruction
Also available: 
GPA SWITCH 

Read more  

This has been an option for quite a while if I recall. Krannie knows a lot about these units

Copy. I thought KRAN was only working with maps available with FMF exhaust swap and idle settings through dealer remapping. 

Haven't heard of anyone running the GET programmable ECU from Boana. 

Hopefully KRAN will chime in and clarify. 

I wasn't aware there were these launch control/multiple traction control settings available along with mobile APP for on the fly changes.

Copy. I thought KRAN was only working with maps available with FMF exhaust swap and idle settings through dealer remapping. 

I wasn't aware there were these launch control/multiple traction control settings available along with mobile APP for on the fly changes.

He ordered it and then sold it from what I recall. It was supposedly a PITA

2 minutes ago, ADVLite said:
4 minutes ago, firffighter said:

He ordered it and then sold it from what I recall. It was supposedly a PITA

Wait, KRAN was not satisfied with a product? I find that very hard to believe 😊

Wonder if he had the APP and and GPA switch? Guess I should search and find what he had/did. 

Edited by firffighter
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Found KRAN's info, but was hard decipher as it was all wrapped up in the loss of compression and dirt getting into motor problems. 

Couldn't find anyone else who's tried it.  

1. Expensive. $700 for the ECU and the Wifi tuning module and map switch. Add shipping and duties gets you to about $800....without the software !

http://www.betaboano.com/ita/leggi_categoria.asp?sottocat=22&sottocat_tit=GET Athena ECU&cat=33&cat_tit=GET ATHENA ECU

http://www.getdata.it/prodotti.php?idcategoria=35&idprodotto=430&lang=eng&idfamiglia=1

2. It is shipped UN-MAPPED!  The ECU has a 'generic build' in it, and the Wifi tuning module (much like the Yamaha) only allows you a 5% change over the existing map. It was not nearly enough range to fix the map it came with. A popping belching mess of a map. Unrideable. 

3. It requires  you buy the MAYA software, and a 'known working map' to modify, or you have to build one yourself from scratch. The software is $600.

4. It has no warranty once it is installed. There are no 'Athehan Approved Dealers' for Beta in the USA, which are required to install to get a warranty.

I ride with a Beta rider named Dimitri, sometimes, and he has a 2016 500RS with a 430RE cam and a Athena Get system using the MAYA software. It took him two months of playing with the software to get it to run better than stock.....Now it rips ass, but man, I don't have that kind of time.....

Synopsis:  $1500 and lots of time required to make it work, and make an improvement. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/202457750332

• Like 3

Thanks for the insight and clarification! 

I wonder if Beta USA race team members are using this tool on their 350's? 

Too bad there's not more technical support from Beta on this. 

1 hour ago, firffighter said:

Beta dealers have the BST (beta service tool) which is a dongle and software that allows you to modify or change maps.

Frank nor Tim Plig would sell me one.....

Hi! I am Dmitry, and i have Athena GET on my 500. It took a few tries to make it run good, but it was worth it at the end. I had to purchase Maya programming license, and figure out how the program works (it's not intuitive). Athena USA helped me out a few times to understand the basics. You can change pretty much any injection and timing segments, setup traction control, reset TPS, and a few other items. The biggest problem ended up being stepper motor control. ECU controls it, but all it does a certain lift, without ability for end user to change the parameters. In other words, when i adjusted maps, my idle was at 3K, and i couldn't lower it, unless timing was retarded, or mixture was leaned out. So i plugged stepper motor port, and reset throttle stop with the set screw, reset TPS and it's been working great ever since. 

• Like 4
  • Helpful 1

I bought my Athena directly from Athena. 

I was told it was the same as the Boano part, with the same map.

Perhaps the Boano one does have a 'better' map installed by them, I don't know.

Mine was essentially 'un mapped', but it did sort of run.....

On 10/19/2018 at 1:12 PM, firffighter said:

No, the team runs the FMF exhaust maps.