Alternative gasket for 03 cr250r

Im looking maybe to use an alternative gasket for the magneto cover. I have this gasket on back order from honda. I'm just looking for something that'll hold up for little while until the gasket comes in.I have a replacement clutch cable to install. I was also thinking that I could reuse this gasket maybe as well.it would only be for maybe 1 or 2 rides. 

21 hours ago, I'm trying said:

Im looking maybe to use an alternative gasket for the magneto cover. I have this gasket on back order from honda. I'm just looking for something that'll hold up for little while until the gasket comes in.I have a replacement clutch cable to install. I was also thinking that I could reuse this gasket maybe as well.it would only be for maybe 1 or 2 rides. 

Is the other gasket torn or damaged? You could possibly draw one out of gasket material and use that until the one comes in.

i've removed an reinstalled my stator cover probably a dozen times without changing the gasket and with no problem. i have a spare ready to go on but till now the oem gasket is holding up just fine

4 hours ago, ar2stroke said:

Is the other gasket torn or damaged? You could possibly draw one out of gasket material and use that until the one comes in.

It's not damaged as of yet. I've got a new clutch cable to install that I've never done before. I just wanted to be prepared in case the gasket is not reusable until I get the replacement.

Having a spare is always a good idea but I am still on my original in my 01 CR.  Since '86 I have never needed to replace one. But because I just typed I am adding one to my list for my next Rocky Mtn order.

On 10/19/2018 at 1:18 PM, I'm trying said:

That’s not a high pressure area so you’re trying to keep moisture out. I suggest any aftermarket gasket will do. I have used Cometic gaskets with success. I wouldn’t recommend anything other than OEM for the cylinder head though.

9 minutes ago, Dklassen said:

That’s not a high pressure area so you’re trying to keep moisture out. I suggest any aftermarket gasket will do. I have used Cometic gaskets with success. I wouldn’t recommend anything other than OEM for the cylinder head though.

I was kind of unclear on that gasket. To keep moisture out, makes sense now. Thank you 

On 10/19/2018 at 3:18 PM, I'm trying said:

+1 on what everyone else here has already said.  You’ll be fine to reuse it.  Just make sure you get a decent seal so water and dirt do not get in.  If you have damage to the gasket or the mating surfaces and question the quality of the seal you can add some strategically placed sealant on those spots, wouldn’t take much with a gasket.