2006 300 xcw

As the title states I have a 06 xc-w. I do love the bike. probable has 150-200tt and 45 on a new top end. Has a few upgrades.. steering damper, exhaust, springs for my 240lb weight. runs great. I mostly ride single and double track. logging roads.  mx track every so often. No competition use planned other than friendly stuff.

My question is... what do the newer bike have that would justify the 10K+ for the upgrade? 

Better suspension, brakes, electric start, counterbalanced engine, frame geometry in conjunction with suspension handles better, a bit lighter even with the extras, 200 less hours as well as shiny brand spanking new every part.

Joe

Howdy

I have a 06 as well and unless I pick up a whole bunch of new skill this bike does everything I would ever want in spades.  The question is definitely one of diminishing returns.  I can't see that I would notice the better stuff mentioned in the previous post $10,000 worth.  I might notice and say wow this is a cool bike, but then I'd jump back on my 2006 and take the $10,000 and run!

Good Luck

Coming from a 2006, you don't need to spend 10k on a current year model to get the newer, improved frames, suspension, ergonomics, weight, handling, engine updates and even electric start.