Short Guy on a FE 450

Need some help/advice here. I've been looking at FE 450s and 501s (not that displacement matters) for a while and am ready to lay down the cash. BUT, I hadn't sat on one until today while I was at the dealer. To say they felt tall (which I knew) is an understatement. I may have changed my mind. I have a 28" inseam and have been talking to a couple suspension companies about lowering (which I knew would be necessary) the bike about 2 inches. 

Here is my concern, after sitting (trying to) on the bike I wonder if it will be low enough. I'm sure there are KTM/Husky riders out there with my inseam. Does this amount of lowering make the bike manageable? I would like to be able to get a foot or two down.

Never had to lower a bike, but there is a limit and it will affect handling. The seats on these bikes leave no room to shave anything away.
Have you sat on a Beta? The 430 and 500 are 1.6" shorter (and cheaper).

I would highly suggest not lowering it more than an inch and then just putting a seat concepts low seat on it. I lowered my 16 501 2” and I have to be more cautious of my feet getting taken off the pegs up here in the PNW, and going over logs makes it harder. Just my opinion.

• Like 1